Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't think I would make it lol..but I just had my 5th appointment with the doctor. :-) my final app is march 26 (ThankGod) lol. It has been a long few months but I'm glad I had the time to really think about my decision and prepare myself. I called my nutritionist yesterday to let her know I was gettin close to the end of the 6 months so I'm just waiting for her call and let me know what's next for. I have already done my psych evaluation and met with the nutritionist and my surgeon so hopefully I just have the tests and blood work left to take care of. :-) super excited!!!! I lost about 10 lbs during the diet and I am aiming to lose a few more by my last appointment.

I have 5 more months to go on mine. ARGH. Seems like forever. How did you keep motivated?

I have 5 more months to go on mine. ARGH. Seems like forever. How did you keep motivated?

I honestly just tried to keep busy between work family and working out. When I first found out I was like nooooo I'm never gonna make it lol but I used the time to read up on different things about the surgery and I also worked out a lot and tried to eat healthier. I failed a few times..this past month I gained 4 lbs :-( I was so ashamed but I got back on track this month and dropped 6. I joined a Zumba fitness class so I think that helped a lot (love it) it's super fun and I forget im working out...kinda lol. You sweat like crazy and burn about 1000 calories doing and hour session...also I have a kinect for Xbox and I've been doing dance central everyday it makes u sweat also. It wasn't easy but it also wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be ull be at ur last app in no time watch

I have to do my mental eval and my upper GI/chest xrays yet. I am meeting with my nutritionist tomorrow to get that step out of the way. So am excited. Am nervous. Am ready. Day by day. Step by step. Meal by meal. We can do this...

I am also lingering along waiting for my 6 months to be completed so I can move on to the next step. Center I am going through has pretty much told me I am ready. I have met all their requirements and done all testing needed with exception to a physical closer to surgery date. Now that most of the tasks are done I find myself losing steam a bit while waiting for time to pass by. This forum is such a valuable tool along with Jean's Bandwagon book. Good luck to you both.

Good luck! You CAN do this. I started my process in 2008 and lost motivation. I finally got my band Dec 22nd. It does seem like a long time, but be patient, this is just a speed bump. Its not the first and it definitely wont be the last. Look to the future....what do you want life to look like in a year, because 1 year from now, you can have your band and be on the road to losing. Keep your chin up!

I have 4 months to go

I can see how you would lose (steam). Seems to me that if knew that we wanted to make a change for the better, that as soon as all the requirements were met, just go ahead and do the surgery so that we can get well. I dont understand that. That is what is frustrating me the most. I feel like I am being punished by what I have allowed to happen to myself in the past. How are you holding up?

What's funny is when I met my Surgeon he told me if he had the choice he would schedule surgery right now. He feels 6 months is too long to put pressure on patients. They ask you to lose 10% of your weight prior to surgery and he said most people do OK for the first couple of months but tend to start gaining it back before insurance approval can be met. He went on to further say that operating at the lowest weight is beneficial as your liver shrinks with the weight loss. He said people tend to yo-yo over 6 months that he would rather just do a 3 month wait.

I have lost 32 pounds since October but yet only lost 5 since Dec 5th. I never fully re-gained my motivation after the holidays. :-(

***because 1 year from now, you can have your band and be on the road to losing. Keep your chin up!**** I need to continue to think of this and believe it and know it to be true... Just think, I hope a year from now, I can be writing my blog and say, that I can walk (any distance) without my knee's hurting or sitting down.. JOIN ME on my journey. I need YOU