Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Explanations Of Lbt Terminology And How-To's

I have had very little experience with forums.

Is there anyplace on LBT Forums where I can learn things such as how to create a signature, how to follow a topic, how to delete a portion of my post if I make an error, what's involved in friending someone, what "neutral" means on one's profile, etc.?

It would also be nice to have access to a User's Guide that explains all aspects of using LBT Forums. Does something similar exist?

Thank you!

People are more than happy to help you through the system. Just ask!

People are more than happy to help you through the system. Just ask!

You are right----people here are incredibly nice, and I appreciate that so much. Congratulations on your weight loss---You are losing fast!

I lost 20 of it before surgery! I am so happy with the loss so far! People are starting to notice, not that is the important part it just let me know that it is showing!

I lost 20 of it before surgery! I am so happy with the loss so far! People are starting to notice, not that is the important part it just let me know that it is showing!

That is fantastic! I understand about losing before surgery. I was motivated after I met with my surgeon in early January, but this week I learned I'm approved and am even more motivated. I have lost about 18 pounds so far and don't have a surgery date yet. It will likely be June before I have surgery, and though I want to be as healthy as possible, I am concerned about what will happen if my BMI is too low.

I think you will be fine. The idea now is to see that you are committed to losing and that if the insurance company is going to pay that they want to know that. At this point we can only lose so much on our own anyways. I was so nervous about the same thing but it was fine! What is your BMI right now?

I think you will be fine. The idea now is to see that you are committed to losing and that if the insurance company is going to pay that they want to know that. At this point we can only lose so much on our own anyways. I was so nervous about the same thing but it was fine! What is your BMI right now?

My surgeon's office told is that our insurance companies might deny our surgery if we gained any weight, ok to lose.

IWhat is your BMI right now?

It is around 32.5. I want to be as healthy as I can before surgery but am concerned about what will happen if my BMI goes under 30. Since meeting with my surgeon in January, I have been counting calories and walking 5-8 miles daily, so the weight is coming off right now. I've always been able to lose but just can't keep if off. I know I eat way too much, and although I have good intentions, I do not possess the self-discipline I need.

When I started this process in 2009, my insurance required a BMI of 35. Throughout the two year period that I was required to diet, my weight fluctuated some but my BMI was around 37 most of the time. However, when I had my initial appointment with the dietician, she weighed me first, and wouldn't discuss WLS with me at all because I was slightly under the required 35 BMI. I had dieted successfully and lost some weight around that time. She told me to schedule another appointment if I was ever at a 35 BMI. So, I quit dieting and walking, then I called her back the next week and was able to schedule an appointment with her about three weeks after my initial visit.

My weight yo-yoed while I was doing the required 2-year diet. At the beginning, my insurance required a 35 BMI, but last fall it lowered the BMI to 30. I want to keep trying to lose weight but after my experience with the dietician, I am concerned about losing too much. I think I will probably try to lose to a 30.5 BMI, then just work at maintaining until I start my pre-op diet.

My surgeon's office told is that our insurance companies might deny our surgery if we gained any weight, ok to lose.

I appreciate your input. It's difficult to know what to do, isn't it? By the time I have surgery, I likely will have waited almost 3 years, and I certainly want to do everything right so there's not another delay. I wish our insurance companies would inform us in writing concerning exactly what they expect.