Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I am new here I live in Moyock NC I work full time, my spouse is active duty Navy he's been in for 28 years ( heading back to deployment in March) . I been married for 26 years no kids but we are pet parents to 2 rescue cats. oh, I am also his Ombudsman.

I am so happy that I found this group I been reading over the past couple of weeks and everyone is so supportive. My story is like everyone else's been overweight my whole life, up and down rollar coaster. I been reading alot about lap band and think it would be a good for me.

I been to the seminar I already had my 1st appt with the doctor, I had my shrink clearance done, blood work on Monday 2/27, education appt on 3/1, nutriont appt for 3/4.

I have to schedule another education appt and attend a support group meeting and than they can submit everything for insurance. My doc said he doesn't see a problem my insurance covers this and I also have HBP.

I already had my gallbladder out last year so I guess i am ahead of the game there.

I am nervous and excited at the same time I will have my surgery while my husband is deployed.

any suggestions idea's hints advise anything is welcomed.

looking forwarded to meeting everyone

PS I am having my surgery at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center Chesapeake VA

HI- its not an easy ride but very doable. Read everything, and then see how it may apply to you. Most of us are very happy and some will try to scare you- you do what your little heart tells you. I a beginner just learnign to work with my new way of life, and so so so glad I took the plunge. WELCOME and rem no question is silly... ASK and get peace of mind.

Welcome BW Barbie! I'm fairly new too, I'm pre op, surgery Mar 21 if I get ins approval. This site is great and you'll learn lots! Stay positive and beleive in yourself, you can do it! We can do it! Enjoy your journey and keep telling yourself you're done with being fat! That's what I'm doing! Good luck!

okay guys here are some silly questions coming at ya!! LOL. I read alot about different foods that bother people an they get stuck? Will you know a stuck when it happens? What do you do if food gets stuck?

My hubby is not overweight, we like to eat out on the weekend do you order a child's portion plate when you go out?

What was your down time with the lap band ( before driving, errands etc)

were you given a choice of the sleeve to and if so would you mind telling me why you didn't go that route.

Thanks very much for all your help.

okay guys here are some silly questions coming at ya!! LOL. I read alot about different foods that bother people an they get stuck? Will you know a stuck when it happens? What do you do if food gets stuck?

My hubby is not overweight, we like to eat out on the weekend do you order a child's portion plate when you go out?

What was your down time with the lap band ( before driving, errands etc)

were you given a choice of the sleeve to and if so would you mind telling me why you didn't go that route.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Congratulations to all you Newbies......

First, do not get hung up on everything you read here. There are people just starting out and there are people who have met their ovals, and everything in between.

Don't get hung up on some of he things you may read. It does not apply to you yet, and will only confuse you.

In the beginning the most important thing to do is LISTEN TO YOUR DR and get through the surgery, pee- op and post-op.

Your weight loss journey really does not begin till you finish that First Phase and begin Phase 2.

Welcome to our club! I love to hear you have been reading. That's how you will learn the most!

Most people are very supportive.

My advise would be to start drinking Water like crazy! Stop drinking all caffeine today. You didn't say how large you are but, i started losing weight as soon as I went to the seminar. I feel that it set my mind up for all the changes that were coming, plus I started to feel soooo much better about me! Start logging the food you eat everyday. Many of us use fitnesspal.com, it is easy and will help you see what you eat. I am trying so many different foods now, I always liked them but was too lazy to cook differently!

keep posting and ask lots of questions!

I just wanted to share with everyone I finshed all my appointments. Nutrionist said she was forwarding her notes to the doc this morning. I used to weigh 350 and got down to 243 on my own took me 5 years to do that. I learned how to excerise and change my eating habits. But, I really looked at lap band as a check and balance for me to help me lose the rest of my weight.

I know everyone insurance is completely different and doc's to but just in general terms once you all finshed your requirement any time lines you can share would be helpful.

Thanks very much Debbie

I have a really silly question but its been bothering me. As I can see from the group I can ask anything.

Okay so here its goes..... I know your band hold's so much and people say they have 5cc, 6.2 cc etc what happens if you fill your band completely than what? I know silly but, its been in the back of mind.

Like OMG I getting lap band and what if I never feel full and the doc keeps filling it and its filled to the top than what?

Please set me straight on this. Thanks everyone.

Hi Everyone' date='

I am new here I live in Moyock NC I work full time, my spouse is active duty Navy he's been in for 28 years ( heading back to deployment in March) . I been married for 26 years no kids but we are pet parents to 2 rescue cats. oh, I am also his Ombudsman.

I am so happy that I found this group I been reading over the past couple of weeks and everyone is so supportive. My story is like everyone else's been overweight my whole life, up and down rollar coaster. I been reading alot about lap band and think it would be a good for me.

I been to the seminar I already had my 1st appt with the doctor, I had my shrink clearance done, blood work on Monday 2/27, education appt on 3/1, nutriont appt for 3/4.

I have to schedule another education appt and attend a support group meeting and than they can submit everything for insurance. My doc said he doesn't see a problem my insurance covers this and I also have HBP.

I already had my gallbladder out last year so I guess i am ahead of the game there.

I am nervous and excited at the same time I will have my surgery while my husband is deployed.

any suggestions idea's hints advise anything is welcomed.

looking forwarded to meeting everyone

PS I am having my surgery at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center Chesapeake VA[/quote']

Congratulations on your surgery.