Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Arthritis Pain And Lapband

I have Arthritis in my Knees and Ankle. I take a med called Vivmove for it. Which contains and NSIDS. I am aware after surgery i wont be able to take NSIDS nor would i be able to take this pill related to its size. I am also on Metformin but I think i can cut that pill into enough small pieces to take. My question is does anyone else out there have any suggestions to help with the Arthritis pain after surgery. I know that losing the weight is the best thing for my ankle and knees but since that wont happen over night i need to figure out something to do.

I was told to crush my meds.

Metformin comes in a powder form to mix with Water, I was told by my doctor that u shouldnt crush or split metformin tabalets at all, the literature in my Metformin tablets clearly states to eat them whole only .. its to do with the time release formula or something, i would certainly talk to your surgeon about the pills u take for pain .. he might have some suggestions for you

Good luck with it and i hope your pain eases as the weight comes off :)

As far as pain relief, I was told I could take Excedrin Tension Headache and it was about the strongest OTC pain reliever I would be able to take. No aspirin and no NSAIDs. You'd be amazed at how just a little bit of loss can make a big difference. I was beginning to have some daily pain in my hip radiating down into my leg and just 16 pounds down and no more hip pain! Yay!!

Ty guys for all the answers. I dont take it everyday even though i am suppose to. So i am hoping a few lbs plus the fact winter is almost over I can do without it and just take tylenol. Going to stock up on liquid. As for the metformin I am not Diabetic but insulin resistant so I am going to talk to my dr. I may once the surgery is done go off it totally. If not I can switch to victoza which is an injection.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches