Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Time :-)

Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything

1 There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.

And, a time to move on...

I have been on this board since it's first days in 2003. I have stayed on this board because it is the one I felt most at home on. We've had some great times. We've also cried together, lost members to tragedy, loved one another unconditionally, had some great laughs and helped one another with our lapband journeys in the process. I know I've spent numerous hours here encouraging people and trying to share my experience, strength and hope as so many others have. I have also leaned on many to gather that strength, but it seems the time has come that tenure and experience in the process that this board was created for has past or there are new, more knowledgable people with new ideas and ways of conveying that.

To those I've met in person. I am honored and I enjoyed every minute of it. To those I never met, I mostly wished I had.

If there is one thing I've learned in my long battle with SELF, it's that living with and surrounding myself with unacceptable behavior is pretty much what got me where I was in the first place. Dysfunction doesn't just have to be in your family of origin but it can also infest the company you keep. Strong personalities who want to be the leaders trample over those who might be more thoughtful and often times more accurate. People who need attention SHOUT to be heard and all too often feel the need to force themselves on everyone within distance rather than taking a long look at why they need all this attention and seeing that it's really not a very attractive or even acceptable behavior. We all have the power to change our behaviors, be it with our food addictions or our immaturity.

I'm hoping to continue my weight loss. I'm so very thankful to God that I was allowed the opportunity to have this band and a second chance at life, but even if that fails, I know that as a person, I have grown from this experience and hopefully become a better person in the process.

I wish you all a peace in your heart that you can count on in all things and a faith that you can cling to in all times, good or bad.

My sweet Leatha G!!!! I have learned so much from you over these past two years & am not 100% sure why your choosing to leave. Maybe its just time to move on to other things. You are a tremendous women & I thank you for everything you have every posted to me & all that you have helped me through & taught me. I wish you weren't leaving but hope that if you are you will at least visit often & let us know how your doing. All the best to you Leatha!

Love

Christina

Leatha: I can't agree with you more. I am also considering the same thing. You will be missed. Please keep my email handy and use it if needed. Penni@pennimerrick.com

Hugs

Oh my goodness, not YOU too!!!

Im speechless.

Honestly.

You have been such a wonderful influence to me... in so many ways. Seeing that Ive had the privledge of meeting you in person, I feel a bigger connection to you then some. You touched my heart - my life.

I am -from my heart- gonna miss you. :D

Hey Leatha! Make sure you keep this site on your favorites, and don't forget to check in us from time to time. You don't want your PM box to fill up.

We love you, and wish you nothing but the best

I was one of the lucky ones that got to meet Leatha in person. She has also been a great help to me in my journey with my band. She has helped a great many people on LBT! What a great loss to this board to lose her. Leatha has experienced so much with her band that she could help people who had the symptoms/problems that she had went through. She has been a great inspiration to many of us here on LBT. I for one will miss her deeply.

Everyone comes here to LBT and talks about how great this board is, then a few think they have to change it, rule it, and people get hurt so they leave. I can't say I blame them, I come here too for support and to try and help others, but when everyone is fighting, all it does is make me want to eat!

We are losing a great many of our bansters due to a few people on here that will go to any links to rule the board.

Leatha I am very sorry to see you go. I honestly understand why though. Please keep in touch with me from time to time, I think you still have my information.

Hugs to you my friend!

I too am lucky because I got to meet you in person twice.

I wish you would reconsider, but if you must go I want to thank you for being the intelligent woman with such a wonderful sense of humor. :D

((((((HUGS)))))))

...just take a little break.

Please dont stay gone.

She has helped a great many people on LBT! What a great loss to this board to lose her. Leatha has experienced so much with her band that she could help people who had the symptoms/problems that she had went through.

I agree with everything you said Betty - especially this.

I'm so sorry to see you go! And please keep up posted weekly, monthly or something -- as often as you can stand to stop by.

If we lose all the wisdom from the board, we become just a bunch of snivelling know-it-all band-children grovelling around in our ignorance.

These warriors have fought long term & tired, bloody, wounded, exhausted, they want nothing more then to share their experiences with us. (Don't know why the war images, lol, think I've been watching too many specials today!) I sure hope all of ya'll will reconsider & hang around. Remember that trends come & go... give it a month, this fighting trend is bound to move on. Man I hope so, anyway!

(( Hugs Leatha! ))

(((Leatha)))

Please stay in touch - email me any time. Drop in here at least occasionally - what would we do without our "Leathal Woman"?!?!?!

xxoo

Penni - you too.

We have already lost some very valuable people that I still miss terribly. The board really will change permanently if all the original, caring, thoughtful people exit. Then it will be just like Smartbandsters, or any of the other Yahoo! groups where a few "tell it like it is" regardless of empathy rule. That's why I left those boards and came here, and post almost exclusively to this board alone.

Leatha~

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you, but your posts have been such a blessing to me. I wish you the very best and hope that you'll come back and visit from time to time. Thank you for all you've shared, and take care.

Emily

Leatha,

You probably don't remember but you are the reason I changed my name from Biggun to Kimalicious. I have always valued your knowledge about everything and wish you well in the future.

Kim

Please don't go Leatha. Just ignore the ugliness ( I know! I know! It's hard not to stand up for sanity and good taste!!!!) but don't post!! Lay low and pop up for the newbies who need you...and the not-so-newbies who need you even more! There are very few left that post regularly, and have the experience I lean on. I'm waaaay past the lliquid stage, and even the first fill stage, and, maybe I'm selfish, but I NEED YOU! Others do, too.

I totally understand your frustration. A bunch of mess happened this same time last year (is it an annual thing?!) and we lost Darcey, ohhh, what's her name? with the long hair and the leather jacket? and Marie, and Ryan, and Greg (for the most part...he rarely posts, now) and we missed out on big visits from Blossom because she backed away before her tragedy. It's shameful. And it isn't the same here! I miss that, and it will be worse with you gone. I hope you will take a break and reconsider.

(((hugs)))

I have a lump in my throat and it makes me so sad to read this thread. Leatha_g we've never met and have never talked one-on-one, but I know how valuable you are to this site. I guess everything does have to change from time to time, but I hate to see people take off b/c of the "tone" that's been expressed within the last few weeks.

I understand your reasoning for not wanting to surround yourself with "unacceptable behavior". I firmly believe that you teach people how to treat you and my perception is that you are saying that this will not be tolerated in your life........Good for you on taking that stand!! :clap2: However, don't forget us newbies that NEED your experience and the experience from other seasoned members. Knowledge is power and I came here to be empowered by those that have gone b4.

I know you are a stong woman and will not make your decisions based on what I say, but do know that your wisdom can NEVER be replaced. Only YOU can provide that. Do what is best for you and perhaps you will come back very soon. :cry

Like I said earlier, LBT is not the same place that I joined a few short weeks ago. I hate to see members dropping off and leaving when it seems that they are being pushed. Can someone get a hold on all of this and who is in charge? This is so VERY sad!