Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oysters And Calms?? Oh My???

So last night I was in bed thinking for the 1st time in a long time this will be a great summer for me ( I'm getting banded on March 6th) I was thinking about summer nights eating oysters and clams then it dawned on me......... I can't eat ( swallow) oysters or calms right??

WOW, I did't think I would miss much but I do love my raw seafood . I know its a small price to pay but when I think summer I think corona's and oysters! :0shades_smile.gif

On the 1/2 shell???

Forget it. Had oysters a few weeks ago, swallowed one. Instant stuck!!!

Welllll how do you plan on having the clams prepared? Here is New England that would be fried or cream based chowder. I choose not to eat them because that's how I like them.

Yup. Makes perfect sense... Guess I need to have a few before my pre-op shakes next week... 001_tt2.gif

fried would be heaven but it would have been on a half shell on ice. I will miss this. I know it sounds odd but I think this will be the biggest thing I miss....

I loved going out to dinner and having a few oysters and calms on the shell with a few drinks.. Better then Pasta or burgers for me!

B52, I'm in Jackson , nj we are almost neighbors. As you can see I'm not far from the beach so i like my summer nights over at Point Pleasant or LBI.

B52, I'm in Jackson , nj we are almost neighbors. As you can see I'm not far from the beach so i like my summer nights over at Point Pleasant or LBI.

Howdy! Who is your Dr. And where did you have your surgery. I use Central Jersey Bariatrics out of Centre State in Freehold.

fried would be heaven but it would have been on a half shell on ice. I will miss this. I know it sounds odd but I think this will be the biggest thing I miss....

I loved going out to dinner and having a few oysters and calms on the shell with a few drinks.. Better then Pasta or burgers for me!

Don't know where you are on your weight loss journey, but for me, anything Fried is on my "Cannot Eat List"

But we all knew going into this that there will be foods we will never be able to eat again!

I have not been banded yet. I have my surgery on March 6th at Community Medical Center in Toms River. I work there so everything was just convenient for me to do it there. I had all my meetings , blood-work, test, etc done there before work. As you can see I'm thinking of all the things I should have NOW.... Next week I start my liquid and Tuesday the 6th is B-day! I can't wait. I just called my husband and told him we need to go out for dinner and apps of clams before next week!

I have not been banded yet. I have my surgery on March 6th at Community Medical Center in Toms River. I work there so everything was just convenient for me to do it there. I had all my meetings , blood-work, test, etc done there before work. As you can see I'm thinking of all the things I should have NOW.... Next week I start my liquid and Tuesday the 6th is B-day! I can't wait. I just called my husband and told him we need to go out for dinner and apps of clams before next week!

Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty in Point has a all you can eat buffet on a weekday that also has an impressive raw bar.

For me, being banded one year and in the Green Zone, I can no longer go to buffets. Not that I care anymore.

I had a last supper of oysters as well. But on vacation in FL, I decided to try one. They were very, very, fresh. We shucked them ourselves and I had no problems. Had a fill since then and had one off my husbands plate the other night. And again, no issue. I always look for the smallest, juiciest however. Never a big clam fan. But I can eat mussels. And crab is great. I stay away from shrimp and lobster cause I have heard too many stuck horror stories involving shrimp.

Everyone is different when it comes to the band. You have to experiment with what you can and can't eat. And that will change over time as well.

Sigh, I too have heard the shrimp horror stories, which makes me cry, LOL. Shrimp is my favorite thing in the whole wide world. I will try it, chew well, and pray I'm one of the few who can still eat them :)