Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finding The Right Plastic Surgeon

My goal is to have PS this summer. Tummy Tuck and breast lift with implants. I have gone to one consultation, and liked the doctor a lot, but really want to visit a few more before I make my final decision. How do you find the right plastic surgeon? Are there questions I should ask when looking at websites and talking to the receptionist on the phone to make the appointments? I am feeling so overwhelmed right now. I want to find the best plast surgeon I can. I figure that I have worked so hard on losing the weight. This will be icing on my cake (so to speak).

Btw, I live in Jacksonville, FL if anyone has any recommendations or knows of doctors I should avoid ;)

I may not be the best person to answer this, because I'm pre-band, but I have heard that one of the most important things you can do is ask to see before and after photos, and not just the successful ones. Ask to see some results that the surgeon considers less than desirable. That way you can get an idea of what the real quality of his/her work is.

Good luck in your search, and congratulations on your success!

Here in Melbourne, which I guess is a small city by world standards, I think its pretty well known who the good surgeons are - and some of them become quasi celebrities anyway. There's word of mouth which works well anywhere in the world. I asked for a referral a few years ago to a well known guy but never went ahead with any surgery.

This time, since I was also looking to have inguinal hernias repaired, I asked my colorectal surgeon to refer me on for that and to revise the scar from my bowel resection. Given that my colorectal surgeon i very well respected and a leader in his field, I trust that his referral will be to a respectable, well qualified plastic surgeon. I met the guy and liked him and the word of my colorectal surgeon is good enough for me, so I went with it.

Perhaps your lapband surgeon can recommend people who work with bariatric patients or you know other people who have had successful surgeries.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches