Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Company Can I Work For In South East Az That The Insurance Will Cover Lapband?

Hello! I have been looking into lapband for about 2 years! I have had two diffrent insurance companies that both "excluded" lapband in their insurance plan. I was wondering what copmanies insurance actually do cover lapband? I live near benson az, thats near tucson az. Does anybody around this area know or have had the lapband covered my their employers insurance? Im now looking into a new job, and that is a major factor. Thanks!

I have also looked into traveling to mexico, but due to all the news im kind of affraid to be going into another country right now.......sad.png

-very discouraged :'(

Don't be afraid of Mexico. Tijuana is pretty safe. And my doctor sends a van to pick you up at either the airport or border. I wasn't afraid and we walked around town the day before. And the place I had the surgery was nicer than most American clinics I have been to.

I'm amazed that the job market over there is so good that the health insurance offered can be a factor. At the moment in Aus things are pretty tough(though we are supposedly doing better than the rest of the world) and there is no way someone would turn down a job because of what was/wasn't included in health insurance. At the moment people, especially those starting out can be lucky to get any job at all.

well...no our economy is bad too....I am just in a position right now where i dont really have to work. If I were, that wouldnt be a factor at all. Im just curious if any of the companies i would be applying for would have it available. If i make the choice to go back to work, it would certainly have to be for some reason as significant as this! If i indeed did need a job i would work where ever needed. Im just blessed at the moment i get to take time off and stay with my son.

and miss meow...

thanks., i was looking into a dr in tj but then all my friends from mexico told me i shouldnt go there so i got really scared. Im thinking i might just take my chances...thousands of others do it! Im to the point where its getting hard to tie my shoe :( . Im 25, 5 ft 3 and just hit 250! 50 of that came on in the past 7 monthes. Im tired of weight loss clinics, diets...ect. I do stay active but it doesnt seem to take it off..so im looking into it. what doctor did u have there? and how long ago was your surgery?

My doctor was Dr Pedro Kuri. I highly recommend him. His patient coordinator is who I had my initial consultation with and answered all my questions. If you are truly interested I can give you her phone number. She was banded by Dr Kuri in 2006 and can provide a lot of valuable insight.

My surgery was a little over two weeks ago. I'm a total chicken but for some reason I didn't have anxiety. When I saw the hospital and then their clinic and met the staff it really put all my fears to rest.

I would advise you not to go to Mexico at this time. It is so very dangerous. My family has begged us not to come and visit for the past 3 years as it it not safe. LapBand is not worth your life. Borrow the money from Careone or put it on a credit card. I am not saying the hospitals and Drs are not good. I am telling you 1000's of people are missing and 1000's dead. They do not care who you are. Please think about it before you go. I have been married to a Mexican for 31 years and would not go there I put mine on a credit card. Please think about it. Go to a big city like Houston were the prices are more competitive. Cheri

hmmm im getting such contrdicting advice lol im not sure my credit is good enough yet to get approved for a larger amount to get it done here. Maybe ill just have to focus on credit score for now.

miss meow...

I have done alot of research and that was the doc i had chosen if i were going to go there and get it done. Im getting such contridicting adive....eeee :-s I dont know what to do

There are quite a few docs here in the US that are offering the surgery plus follow-up for under 9,000.

I live in San Diego and have co-workers and friends that live in Tijuana. I myself fly out of Tijauna airport at least once a year because the flights are cheaper. I do not speak spanish or look like I'm Mexican but I have not had any problems. Yes there are problems in Mexico but that is more in Mexico City and Juarez. The crime in Tijuana is similar to crime in parts of San Diego or LA.

Believe me I am a big chicken. I would not set foot or much less fly out of Tijuana if it was dangerous.

The patient coordinator for Dr. Kuri lives in Denver part time and Tijuana part time. Her name is JoAnn and her email is joann@lapbandsurgery.com or kuriteam@lapbandsurgery.com.

hmmm , i watched a video of someone traveling over there and it was like 5 mins it seemed to the hospital! I believe i read one of the girls that works there lives in San Diego. I live in a small town kinda near the border and we have ALOT of border related crime! actually the swat team was right next door to our house a few years ago because some guys were banging and shooting at some seasonal worker ppl lived in a trailor! There have also been several youger boys just end up "missing" They found a hispanic pregnant woman tied to a chair and had been hit in the head with beer bottles in the same trailer. The crime is horrible. Im very light complected however i grew up where i was the manority. lol we even had hispanic music on our school bus because with 3 to a seat my brothers and i were the only cacausion kids on it. So im used to less than ideal enviroments but for some reason it just scares me. hmmmm maybe more research. Il like to comare where i live to tj's as far as crime. Ill bet its fairly close!

My problem is not with Mexico or the people. My husband's whole family lives there and for 31 years we have been there many, many times. But right now it is not safe. The people and police are not in charge. Evil people are ruling in Mexico right now. Even the people who live there are scared to death and would tell you not to come. Google “drug cartels in Mexico” and view the images people are being beheaded all the time for no reason. Bodies just left everywhere as a warning to the people all people that the drug cartels are in charge. If you think being an American in Mexico gives you some status you are wrong.

Buses are being kidnapped (main buslines) and everyone killed there. It is truely horrible. I would rather pay an extra $4000 them be kidnapped and raped and killed. I am saying this to scare you because it is true and no amount of money or being skinny is worth that. This is the last I will post on this thread as we all must make our own choices, but honestly the US has many many travel advisories out about Mexico. I heard just last night on the new a man from Houston, Texas went to Matamores to have some dental work done and has disapeared. Check the Houston News channels. Read up on the violence in Mexico before you go. How many beheadings in the USA for no reason except not being a part of the cartel?

Sorry to be harsh but it truly is not worth the savings in my opinion or I would have gone. I was self pay too and it was hard to come up with a way but you have to. 5 or even 4 years ago it was so different I might would have gone as I wanted it so bad. But I am not willing to die for the procedure.

Cheri Rodriguez

Wow Cheri that is scary. That would put me off for sure.

I remember seeing somewhere that Starbucks' insurance plan covers WLS