Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im getting banded on March 23rd so super excited. This has been a long time coming... I started my process june2011 and saw dr in sept then on 6 month diet. This is going to be great for everyone. Operation get skinny and healthy in full effect!!! Congrats to us all!!!!

Hi Friends!' date='

I'm home surgry was a lot roughier than I thought it would be.....I had a umbilical heria fixed, a hyatial hernia fixed, and a large mass of adhesions removed and of course the band put in place....so 4 surgeries in one! Turned out to be about an 3.5 hour surgery.So me belly is very sore to say th least. but I just wanted everyone to know I was a live....just not quite ready to sit at the computer for very long. Thanks for everyones prayers. Catch up with you guys later when I feel a little better.[/quote']

Hi waiting patiently-

I had the same things done. Please take it slow. Congratulations to you!! Welcome to the other side

Banded March 5th at 242lbs and on today' date=' my 31st birthday I am down 25 lbs!!! Now weighing 217.... super excited and happy I started this journey!![/quote']

Happy Birthday! That is great.

thanks... ive got 14 hours until im admitted now. boy' date=' today has been emotionally up and down. ive had people in and out and thats helped me , kept me pre occupied. now the house is quiet again, its getting close to bedtime... and then im off.. my stomach has really played up with me this time... really bad nerves in the tummy. running to the loo like there was no tomorrow.. lol. But, i think im feeling a little more settled now... which is great. i want to have a good nights sleep. im not being banded until 3.30 tomorrow afternoon (thursday our time ) and i can have Breakfast before 7am... so up early to have some brekky...and 2 cups of coffee... lol.

im not taking much in my bag. just a nightie, dressing gown, toiletries and a book. not that i will get much chance to read. lol.

Anyway, this is me.... so cheerio for now... when you hear from me again i will be officially'' banded'' ..... way to go. The new door opens.[/quote']

Judych-

Good luck to you!

I completely understand not telling many people. It's your decision and a difficult and personal one. When an if you feel safe enough to tell without being judged or whatever your reason may be then it will be time to tell or never. It's your journey!!

Peace

stephyanders

Thank you for your help.

thanks... ive got 14 hours until im admitted now. boy, today has been emotionally up and down. ive had people in and out and thats helped me , kept me pre occupied. now the house is quiet again, its getting close to bedtime... and then im off.. my stomach has really played up with me this time... really bad nerves in the tummy. running to the loo like there was no tomorrow.. lol. But, i think im feeling a little more settled now... which is great. i want to have a good nights sleep. im not being banded until 3.30 tomorrow afternoon (thursday our time ) and i can have breakfast before 7am... so up early to have some brekky...and 2 cups of coffee... lol.

im not taking much in my bag. just a nightie, dressing gown, toiletries and a book. not that i will get much chance to read. lol.

Anyway, this is me.... so cheerio for now... when you hear from me again i will be officially'' banded'' ..... way to go. The new door opens.

Judy, congrats, you're almost there! I will be thinking about you today and hope your surgery goes off without a hitch!

stephyanders

Thank you for your help.

Looks like something did not work right on your ticker again :( Let me look over mine and send you a private message.

Thank you to everyone who sent a word of encouragment! I am so ready to have this surgery that I'm vibrating with anticipation! Losing my job at this time has made me seriously rethink having it done... I have been encouraged not only by you, but by my now ex-boss (who has also had the procedure) and my family.

Guess I'll be banded and "on the other side" on Friday morning!

BTW... I have been having some issues with my ex not doing anything to have involvement with our son. Therefore, I have had a couple of instances where I was late. So... to make a long story short, 3rd time was the charm and I got canned. :(

I can only drink the premixed ones, I think the ones you mix yourself tasks awful. The most I have had calorie wise since being banded on 3/15 was 600 calories so don't feel bad. I can't even imagine eating more than that, the mere thought makes me want to lose it.

Violet and Neekoal

I am using three types of Protein drinks......I use the Gold Standard powder in the morning 1 heaping scoop to 8oz of 1% milk in the blender then add 2 ice cubes and blend...stick it in the freezer for 30 min and drink it on my way to work. I take either a Slim Fast Carb Smart or an EAS Carb smart shake with me. Most days I get the one at work down between 3-5. It has been really hard to get the third shake in. So at best I get about 42gm protein a day. I am just now at the mashed potato, oatmeal portion of the post-op diet. I had Tomato Soup last night and a couple of crackers then made a smoothie with choc. powder, vanilla extract, Water, and 1tsp of strawberry Jello powder......Wasn't bad at all but getting that third shake down is difficult. I have my first follow-up Tues. the 27th and then my fill is April 11....if I need one. Not sure I am feeling the restriction I should, but then when you only drink, vs eat it's difficult to tell.

D

I'm sorry I'm just gonna but in here if that's okay..lol.. I have 4 children and have told all of them about me having my surgery and all but one my 10 year old daughter did not like the idea. She said if I want to lose weight the just do it by diet and exercise well I had to explain to her how many times I

had been through diets over and over, also she has seen me very sick these 2 past years with other medical issues so I told her its because I wanna be there for you when its time to say yes to the dress. I want to see my grandchildren I want to be around to see my family grow and this surgery will benefit not only me but our entire family and finally she understood. I don't want my kids to see this as a easy way out because it not it is a lot of work that we have to put into it. Our entire life changes.

Why do you not want her to know about the surgery?

because they would all expect me to be able to do the same as your daughter expected you to. And, no amount of talking would change their minds. not worth it. Plus the fact i cant trust my son in law not to spread it around the district. He is a gossip.

Hi Friends!,

I'm home surgry was a lot roughier than I thought it would be.....I had a umbilical heria fixed, a hyatial hernia fixed, and a large mass of adhesions removed and of course the band put in place....so 4 surgeries in one! Turned out to be about an 3.5 hour surgery.So me belly is very sore to say th least. but I just wanted everyone to know I was a live....just not quite ready to sit at the computer for very long. Thanks for everyones prayers. Catch up with you guys later when I feel a little better.

boy.. thats rough... im so sorry that you had all that. take it easy now.

Judych-

Good luck to you!

I completely understand not telling many people. It's your decision and a difficult and personal one. When an if you feel safe enough to tell without being judged or whatever your reason may be then it will be time to tell or never. It's your journey!!

Peace

thanks... yes, i agree. perhaps the time will come when i can talk about it. not now though... im feeling pressured enough without family judging me. better close for now. got to do a few things before i leave. (( hugs))

thanks... yes' date=' i agree. perhaps the time will come when i can talk about it. not now though... im feeling pressured enough without family judging me. better close for now. got to do a few things before i leave. (( hugs))[/quote']

Judy, I have been thinking about you all day! I hope the nerves aren't too bad. I have seen how supportive you have been on this forum, I hope you feel all the love coming back to you now! Good luck, don't stress, the journey is just about to start. Hope to hear from you as soon as the good drugs set in!

Judy, I have been thinking about you all day! I hope the nerves aren't too bad. I have seen how supportive you have been on this forum, I hope you feel all the love coming back to you now! Good luck, don't stress, the journey is just about to start. Hope to hear from you as soon as the good drugs set in!

awww.... thank you so much for this. im just about ready to go now. i do feel a bit calmer now. thank the Lord for that. yes, i do appreciate so much the love and support coming from this forum now..... love all you folk.. i will try and get on when i get home. maybe saturday our time. sending hugs now... and thanks so much Violet C. judy

Good luck see you on the other side. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks surgery was successful I'm at home resting Dr. Reilly also repaired a hernia.. I am feeling great only mild gas that is moving while recovering I walked about 5 times down the hall.