Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, I don't know. My dr never told me anything about chewing gum.

I'm an ICU RN. I was banded on the 7th and went back to work the 15th. A little rough, but I'm glad I got out and back to normal!

Hey does anyone know of any issues with chewing gum? My dr told me not to do it the first week but nothing about long term. With trying to overcome this "bandster hell" I really need to chew! Is this ok for banders? Thanks!

my dietician said chewing gum was fine, as long as it was not swallowed. I did read somewhere that it can cause you to swallow more air, which may be painful with the gas trying to get out.

Cool, thanks!

I don't think my previous entry went through? So it's now been 20 hours since I was banded. I have only had water...feel slightly like I have been hit by a bus!!! My doctor wanted me eating eggs and toast today...not going to happen!!!

One thing I was surprised at was when I came out of the anesthetic I thought I couldn't breath. I went into a little bit of a panic. I am breathing fine and my o2 saturation is great but those deep breaths are still hard to get

Violet I can't hardly believe your doctor said to eat toast???! Wow!! Owie! My doctors will have me on 4 wks of liquids before starting mushies. He says your stomach needs time to heal. It's so weird how different they all are. Hope your recovery goes fast and easy from here on out! Deb

Judych~ thinking of you tomorrow and wanted to wish you well for the entire process! Don't be nervous, you'll do great! I'll be praying all goes well for you! Keep up posted....hope you have a speedy recovery! Deb

Judych~ thinking of you tomorrow and wanted to wish you well for the entire process! Don't be nervous, you'll do great! I'll be praying all goes well for you! Keep up posted....hope you have a speedy recovery! Deb

hi here Deb.. i have one more day to go. its now tuesday evening here. i go early on thursday morning. it gets really confusing with the time line i know. i want to thank you for your good wishes. im going into this surgery with everyone here behind me wishing me well, and that means a lot. Deb, how are you?? whats happening your end? how are you getting on??

Banded on the 15th....tried to work last night....I work overnights as a printer. Easy work so I thought I could do it. I had five episodes where I began salivating and feeling like I was going to vomit. I never did but I wish I knew what was causing this. Kinda feels like it is all in my head. I haven't been taking the liquid Vicodin because it hasn't been that painful...but maybe I should anyway...also I have been burping non stop even though all I have been eating is broth and Jello and lots of Water. Anyone else having this problem?

Hey ladies to answer some of your question I truly believe he is just afraid he concerns a valid but my faith is strong I know that my god will give me strength when our sprit feels weak I just don't know how to handle his fear and mine but I know that if I don't do this tomorrow and it's because of him I could never look at him the same

Della...you are so right. Keep your eyes upon God and he will guide you through. Good luck tomorrow dear! I am positive you will be great, and so glad you did this!

1 week to go.. all kinds of emotions but SUPER Excited.. This liquid diet os something else really can't cope.

Della,

Good luck tomorrow, life is about not having regrets. I was afraid too and God brought me through and Im praying he does the same for you. The day of surgery God gave me peace it was then I knew that everything was going to okay and I wasn't afraid anymore. Next thing I knew I was in a room. I slept through my recovery period lol. When I did wake up was for the swallow test and xray.

Thanks ready and kmom I have been so calm today my sprit is at ease I'm ready for this journey

Just got called by the hospital. Have to be there @ 6:30 for surgery @ 8. Feel a little nervous now. Bag is packed. I guess I'm ready to go. At least I won't have much time to think about it in the morning.

Yay imarz! U r almost there. This is what u have been waiting for!!!