Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got banded on March 9. Just a few days ago. I'm having the hardest time with gas and nausea. I can hardly sleep and am almost in tears. Nothing is working! Anyone have any ideas? I've tried walking, hot tea, gas x strips, pepto. When will this pass?

im really sorry that you are having a bad time recuperating. i hope that you feel much better soon. Hang in there. it seems that there are lots of variations with different people post op. If you can sleep it off, i suggest that you try and do that. let us know how you progress.

Here I sit waiting to leave the house to head to the hospital. That's right folks....this morning is my day! Have to be there at 6am they are suppose to take me back to surgery at 7:30. I've got the shakes right at the moment but that could be cause I've had nothing of substance to eat in like a day. Wish me luck see you all on the other side.... :D

...wow.. so your day has come. all the best to you. i hope it goes quickly and painlessly for you. talk to you on the other side.

can someone add me please to the springers?? im under the ''name'' Pat Chesterman...judych.

please ignore this one from me. hugs judych

Today is my day as well. My surgery is at 3 pm today. I have read and heard good things and bad about the recovery. I sure do hope mine goes well. Goot luck to all the others having thiers in the next few days.

Today is my day as well. My surgery is at 3 pm today. I have read and heard good things and bad about the recovery. I sure do hope mine goes well. Goot luck to all the others having thiers in the next few days.

Paulsjourney... so its here. good luck to you. im being done on the 22nd at 3pm... looking forward to hearing from you when you are home again. i hope it all goes really well.

i have to say that drinking diet drinks is really affecting me and not in a good way either. at the end of the day i have a dreadful taste in my mouth that just wont go away. i know its from the artificial sweeteners that are used. they are poison for the most part. ive been enjoying chilled Water with a slice of fresh lemon.

..more on this one. ive felt really unwell today and it wasnt until tonight that i realized how many cans of sugar free cordial with sweetener i had yesterday. its still summer here.. lol.. im sure thats what made me unwell today. so, as of today, Im giving it all up. just fresh cold water with lemon for me. it will be interesting to see how i feel after i get the other out of my system. ive got 9 days to go and counting. lol.

Judy - Ausssies Rock! Love the way you Dr. thinks. What's the post-surgery protocol?

To Everyone -- I've been researching this for 10 years. My plan is to do what I like most, and what I've read about. Pre surgery diet will be whatever I can live with. So far I've lost 30lbs. since last July. Post-surgery diet: Clear Liquids for a couple of days, full liquids for another couple of days and then mushies for a week or more.

WLS works to the extent that you work it. If you're real serious, you can drop 200 lbs. in 1 year or less. Read about several that did that. I'll be happy to drop 100 the first year. Hope I do.

Never quit. It's a looonng journey. You didn't get obese overnight, so don't expect to get slim the same way. It's slow and steady. There are/will be bumps in the road. You gotta be able to hang on. Best way to do that is with a support system both online and off. Go to support meetings in your town.

My first appt. with my 4th Dr. is Apr 2. Hope this one's a winner.

Good luck to all!

hi there Shiki... yep, some of us really do rock. lol.. and i do have confidence in my dr. He introduced the surgery into this state years ago, he has done about 20,000 of them so far. So, i figure that he knows exactly what he is talking about. lol. regarding post op ..?? clear liquids for up to two weeks, then thicker liquids, then gradually onto more substantial foods. i cant remember exactly but thats about the same as everyone here i think. he didnt mention about Protein either, but im going to introduce it to my diet anyway, liquid. Because im older i need the protein more for muscles etc etc. also, i know my metabolism is sluggish so i do need it. ive got an appointment with a nutritionalist on the 4th april so she will help me a lot. i dont have any fill at all when the band is implanted. the dr likes to work out four fills over the year, all going well. i will let you know how it all goes. good luck for you as well. its great to know that you have been so thorough researching it all. i would have gotten into it a lot more if Id known this was coming up. but, in the few weeks since ive known about having surgery ive not done too bad. lol. ive spent a lot of time on here. sending hugs judych

I got banded on March 9. Just a few days ago. I'm having the hardest time with gas and nausea. I can hardly sleep and am almost in tears. Nothing is working! Anyone have any ideas? I've tried walking, hot tea, gas x strips, pepto. When will this pass?

My left shoulder was hurting all night last night from the gas, couldn't hardly sleep. Sorry, I know you are hurting and wish there was an answer. May try applying some heat or warmth from a towel, like we use to do for our baby's when they had gas on their bellys

I also gave up Diet Pepsi and other diet sodas. When I first heard that drinking carbonated drinks was a no-no, I thought "well, I always thought I drank too much of it every day. I started my pre-op diet on March 2nd and cut out all diet drinks as well. I feel so much better and I am sure you will too! Keep up the good work!

It's funny...I actually feel like a gold fish bowl...lol I swear people can hear the all the Water I have drinking in my tummy when I move around. I noticed a good side affect of drinking plenty of water...it makes you full. Imagine that...lol

Paul - good luck to you today. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Paul and Judy... Good luck and see you on the other side, your journey begins NOW!

Karla0306 and Gboreing: I was banded on the 9th and still have some gas. Mostly when I stand up or lay on my back. It seems to hit my chest and sit there then hits my shoulder. It's getting less frequent and I find that trying to burp and raising my arms above my head helps as well as panting as it hits is much better than holding my breath or clinching down. I'm not sure gas ex is effective for this type of gas, this is what's trapped under the diaphragm not intestinal. The other issue is not getting constipated,so if you haven had a BM since Friday or before it's time for a laxative.

Are either one of you having trouble getting your Protein Drinks down? I'm simply not hungry and it takes me an hue or more to drink a 10 oz shake!!!

Go buy milk of magnesia

It's works much better than gas ex. It has been alleviating all my gas and I had my first BM yesterday which was normal. Just take a 1 tbsp 2 times a day and see if that helps, if it's not working take 2 tbsp. gas x doesn't work on everyone. The milk of magnesia saved me!

Oh and don't take pepto that will constipate you. Did your dr give u anything for nausea? Are you still taking pain meds too? I stopped taking it because that also makes the Constipation and gas worse.

Wow its great how many of us are already in March' date=' it is amazing. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Question for you????

I have not yet told my boss about my surgery, I did only find out shortly ago the date. She is the type that has to know everything and I don't want to tell her, I know 100% she would not keep it to her self, and in this small town everyone would know.

So what do I tell her and my co-workers that will be asking why I need the time off. I don't want to sound rude and say its none of their business, although that's what my husband says I need to do. (aka grow some balls) as he would say.

Any input would help thanks!!![/quote']

I told my whole work place. I work with firefighters and seeing weight come off me quickly I know they would be concerned. I have been very lucky, everyone has been BEYOND supportive. My boss has rearranged my schedule, co workers have brought in old uniforms that I will be able to use during my journey. I know its a personal choice but I have always said that if people want to judge me then that is their own issue

It takes me all day to get 8 oz of Protein Shake down. Today I have been able to get more Fluid in so the swelling must be going down. I still am not hungry!