Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay - March Buddies!!! I have officially kicked Diet Coke! It was a major vice for me. I could literally go through 10-12 cans a day! I have changed to water/crystal light. I had coffee the first two days off of diet coke...and since my doctor doesn't care if we drink caffeine...I thought I would just turn to that. But I don't really crave it now and have not had caffeine for 3 days! I have drank more Water in the last few days than I have had all year! So crazy!

YOU ROCK!!! It is amazing the difference in physician requirements for pre and post banding.

It's funny how each physician has his own pre-op diets but the idea is to shrink the liver making it easier to manipulate during surgery. I weighed this morning and have lost 11lbs since my pre-op diet on the 9th.

D

You are doing awesome. I had lost 14lbs preop diet and post op 11lbs. I agree with you on how crazy the physician requirements are differing. Kind of interesting to see the difference.

Found out today that I can have KFC mashed potatoes, ran straight to KFC lol, I was hungry but bored of the liquids. Trying to increase my Water intake, been slacking on that end. Follow up tomorrow at 0930 will keep ev1 posted on my weight loss. I can really see/feel a difference in my clothing. My family says I look amazing. I am so glad I started this journey. Goodluck all March bandsters we can do this.

Dhales

I know exactly what you mean. I was dreading no diet coke. I'm would wake up with diet coke and drink it all day at work. Since surgery I haven't craved it. I don't really care for hot beverages except hot chocolate! I am having caffeine headaches I think and am looking for something with caffeine.

D

I don't know if anyone else's doctor says this...but i just read in my instructions that I have to drink a warm drink every morning to cut down on mucus and stomach spasms..."forever" it says. Do you guys have the same instructions?

I've never had anything like that mentioned and I've read ally stuff three times

So strange....I wish there was a universal instruction book

That's a new one for me. But each doc is different in requirements. I'll be googling that to see if there's science behind it.

D

My sister told me about drinking a warm drink in the mornings. She said especially if you have a lot of sinus drainage. I need to up my Water intake since surgery but I feel so full. I've been able to take 1-2 sips but thats it and then I will be full. Guess thats a good thing but thinking I should get more water in.

That's a new one for me. But each doc is different in requirements. I'll be googling that to see if there's science behind it.

D

I will check on this end as well. I am curious. Also - does anyone know where to get a good Protein Powder without flavor to add to food to ramp up Protein intake?

Dhales

I think they all have flavor. vanilla would be the one I think would add less flavor to other foods.

D

Thanks D! I was just curious...thinking maybe to add it to soups...etc

Yvonne74

I know what you mean. It took me almost 2 hours to get a 10 oz shake down this morning. It's not that I'm full it's that I'm simply not hungry. I have never been a Water drinker so trying to get even 1 bottle a day down is a push for me. How's the gas for you. I keep getting gas bubbles in my chest when I stand up or lay flat. I still can't lay on my L side, it's just too tender.

D

My sister told me about drinking a warm drink in the mornings. She said especially if you have a lot of sinus drainage. I need to up my Water intake since surgery but I feel so full. I've been able to take 1-2 sips but thats it and then I will be full. Guess thats a good thing but thinking I should get more water in.

Having the same problem, taking in a small amount fluids and 1/2 cup of solids. To full for anything else.

Dee, the gas-x strips are great for the gas. They are only bad when I get up and move around after a nap. I can lay on my sides but it hurts to trying to get up.

Today has been a Jello cup and at the most half a Tomato Soup (those Soup at hand things). I'm ready for the swelling to go down and the tenderness to go away.

Got banded March 7th!

I have a hint for those who were like me addicted to diet coke! There are two flavorful of Atkins shakes Mocha Latte and Caramel which both have coffee in them. It has been a lifesaver for me since I don't like "hot" coffee, and my dr said the Atkins shakes are great for Protein Shakes. I do still miss the taste of diet coke though:(