Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had the lap band since 2007 - I had a hard time a year in with to much a fill. I suffered for a year b/c the front desk lady would not let me come back in bc she was mad at b/c i called her out on a few billing issues. I finally just so happen to call one day with their phones were in transition and it went to the dr.'s phone and he answered!!! Oh I was so happy to talk to him and he said he down here asap I will see you immediately! Well he took some of the fill out and thats been since 2009 - i have been on heart burn meds since 2004 and it has gotten worse since I got the lap band. This past 3 weeks I have been getting more worse and vomiting 4-7 times a day! I vomited once every couple of weeks on a regular basis, but now I am in such bad condition. I think my band has slipped b/c it doesn't feel like it's in the same spot, I cannot sleep/lay for long periods of time w/o getting sick and now my throat is making these awful noises from air pockets. I no longer have insurance of any kind due to losing my job in june 2010 and i have been doing freelances work. I just want this out - I cannot take it anymore. I know I will get heavy again, but it's almost worth it to be able to live a normal life again and not only be able to drink tea and eat mashed potatoes. How would I find a dr willing to take this out???? I do not want to go back to my old dr b/c of the front desk lady and i never went back for regular check ups b/c of her. I just need help, I cry daily, I am sick daily and miserable! sad.png

Why on earth would you let the lady at the front desk stop you from seeing the doctor? Is your doctor aware of what's going on? I feel that you band is too tight and if you could get the doc to give you a unfill, you will feel better. I really feel bad for you. Keep fighting to get what you need.Either way its gonna be expensive without insurance. Good luck and keep us posted.

She wouldn't let me schedule an app, she would say at first well you just had a fill give it a few weeks this is normal. then when i tried after a year she gave me the run around saying I owed money and it was due to her submitting an appeal to the medical ins co instead of the short term disability co when I was off work for the surgery - when the health ins co got the appeal it flagged my account and stopped all payments to the dr. It was all her fault, I told the dr and he apologized and said he would have a chat with her - but she still works there. I just don't know what to do, it's so bad I cannot even work a regular 8 hour job, that is part of the reason why i lost my job in 2010 - i could not perform my job and missed a lot b/c I was always sick :(.

I have to agree with Kimmy - it sounds like if you would just have it unfilled you would probably fill 100x better. I thought my band had slipped because I couldn't keep anything down for days. The doctor unfilled it back to the same as right after surgery and we have slowly started filling again. I feel great .. when it was too full I couldn't even lay down to sleep - I was sleeping in a recliner for like a week.

go to the website below and type in your zip code - I believe there are probably 7 different surgeons in your area that you could try calling

http://www.lapband.com/en/lapband_is_for_you/find_a_surgeon/

i think so ... i went through a roller coaster from October through last week - there are two tests they can do to see if the band has slipped - either an upper GI which doesn't require an unfill or something else (can't remember what its called) but it requires the band to be empty ...

I started having trouble in october and ended up having my gallbladder out - a few weeks later I was still having trouble - at the time I had 4.5 ccs in and hadn't had a fill since August - so I was surprised that after months of the same Fluid level all of a sudden it was too tight. They went down 3cc and I gained weight in two weeks ... they went back up to 3.5cc and i had trouble. so then they took more Fluid out and when back down to 3cc and I was continuing to get sick, couldn't sleep without coughing, had horrible heart burn - just felt awful all around. so then about three weeks ago they took more out and when down to 2cc - i gained a few pounds and so now i'm back up to 2.8cc - hoping this is the right spot - i'm starting to lose again!

Just remember that all happen over the course 3 months.

good luck1

Yeah I had my gall bladder taken out last august - which i had 2 stones the size of a half dollar and bunch of little ones. That dr said they could not believe my lap band dr missed this because those stones had to of been forming for over 10 years. i had the upper go done after that first year to see if I had any slippage, but i didn't. i just feel like now it has slipped because of all the violent vomiting i have been doing and it's in a totally different spot in my belly than it was before. i am willing to get some taken out again, but omg i dunno how much longer i can take living like this. i just feel horrible 99% of the time :(

How much have you lost all together Amanda?

I had my band put in April 2011 - so far I have lost 70 pounds.