Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cant Wait....

hey everyone hope things are going ok. i cant wait till i get my band filled. its hard to have self control when you have little to no restriction. And to top that off my doc only wants me to eat just Protein for 2 months, im soo sick of jus eating meat. dont get me wrong i love meat, i wud love love love to eat a salad or somekind of veggie. its just getting boring, i know i gotta follow doc orders but this last month is going to take forever to come and go. i know that im not doing this for nothing and its all for the better but its hard to stay in control. and i have my good days and bads mostly good tho. it will be over before i know it. i jus wanted to vent about it.

and one more thing that i was wondering why are we not aloud to drink right before we eat. but to be honest i think that i noticed something. like wen i drink right before i eat i seem to get hungry sooner. could this be the reason why. at work i am on a tight shedule to eat and drink. i need to get my fluids in what should i do? this is truely a learning experience thats for sure. its jus my first month and i am trying to get the hang of things. i just dont wanna mess this up and it will all be for nothing. its like all i think about is my band, am i doing this right, will i loose weight, am i doin enough. im almost tired of thinking about it, almost nah i am tired of thinking about it. thank you all for listening to me rant and rave. i look forward to reading what my fellow banders have to say. thanks again

Please watch this video about drinking/eating at the same time http://formerfatdudes.com/460/friends-dont-let-friends-drink-and-eat/

My dietician told me that no drinking for about 1 hour after and to stop drinking 15 minutes prior to eating.

I was told that if you drink before then you may not eat as much as you should and may get hungry sooner. However I find it hard timing 15 or 30 min before eating so sometimes have a drink just before I eat. I would rather do that than be thirsty and have to wait the recommended time after eating for a drink as not drinking with or after eating is more important than before.

I drink if i want to right before i eat and have had no problems at all, my doc said if i want to then do it. I quite often have Soup before my main meal and that causes no problems at all either.. The drinking before hand is an individual thing most of the time, but generally the drinking after is what causes most problems ..

try and see if your doc says ok :)

I am at green zone restriction and for me if I drink I really cant eat all the food I need to...you sound like you are on the right track...good luck!

hey everyone hope things are going ok. i cant wait till i get my band filled. its hard to have self control when you have little to no restriction. And to top that off my doc only wants me to eat just Protein for 2 months, im soo sick of jus eating meat. dont get me wrong i love meat, i wud love love love to eat a salad or somekind of veggie. its just getting boring, i know i gotta follow doc orders but this last month is going to take forever to come and go. i know that im not doing this for nothing and its all for the better but its hard to stay in control. and i have my good days and bads mostly good tho. it will be over before i know it. i jus wanted to vent about it.

and one more thing that i was wondering why are we not aloud to drink right before we eat. but to be honest i think that i noticed something. like wen i drink right before i eat i seem to get hungry sooner. could this be the reason why. at work i am on a tight shedule to eat and drink. i need to get my fluids in what should i do? this is truely a learning experience thats for sure. its jus my first month and i am trying to get the hang of things. i just dont wanna mess this up and it will all be for nothing. its like all i think about is my band, am i doing this right, will i loose weight, am i doin enough. im almost tired of thinking about it, almost nah i am tired of thinking about it. thank you all for listening to me rant and rave. i look forward to reading what my fellow banders have to say. thanks again

Why does your doctor want you to eat only Protein? I've NEVER heard that... Not to try to challenge a medical professional, but they usually want you to eat a balanced diet inclusive of fruits, veggies, dairy, etc. Every doc is different as far as the drinking with eating is concerned. Some say that the drink washes the food down, so you get hungry quicker. Some say that the drink with food causes the pouch to expand. In my case, it's a no-no because I'll barf. Only tiny sips if you must.