Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I So Badly Want..

The green zone. I was banded in oct 2011 and have a total fill of 4 cc in my 10cc band and im still in the yellow zone. I have only lost 20 pounds in the past 4 months. Id really like to see what this thing can do.

It has taken me 9 months to get in the green zone. Finally this week I reached it. But I decided even though the weightloss is slow it's still better than gaining. Even lost over the holidays.

who decides if they fill you under floro.... what does that actual do.

who decides if they fill you under floro.... what does that actual do.

Docs decide. Many believe it is not worth the risks of unnecessary exposure, however small, to radiation.

In any case, the tightness of the band varies as the tissue it encircles is living tissue which can swell. For example, many people are tighter when denhydrated, stressed, TOTM, illness etc.. So any XRay just shows a snapshot of tighteness at that particular moment.

In my own case, I am much tighter first thing in the morning. So if I had an evening fill which made me " just right" on an XRay, I would be too tight the following morning, and the opposite if I were filled early in the day.

i feel like a crazy lunitic right now. i went from not being able to really eat anything until monday, when i went to the doc, they decided to take 1 cc out.. well i think she took out sooo much more... im eating like im going to the electric chair. i performed a test on myselft this am... all i've really been able to eat is a granola bar for Breakfast, .. now this morning, i ate 3 waffles with Syrup and a small blueberry muffing.. wtf is going on... i believe she took out more than 1 cc... i went from one extreme to the other and when i called her thursday she said to give it 3 week.. there is no way i can wait for an appt on feb 10.. i will gain 20 lbs by then.... i have never gotten Fluid put in and seen thru the xray machine. im thinking about switching doc. i only saw my doctor twice.. 1st for consultation and 2nd the day of surgery since 7/21/2010. i have never seen him again. is this normal... i live in nassau county. does anyone have any recommendations for a new doctor.

Leothelion, I would recommend not eating only carbs for breakfast. You should have mostly Protein and have a small portion of carbs. FYI I only saw my surgeon for pre op and surgery I normally see his Nurse Practiioner.

sometimes it take a while for you to feel the effect of your fill. it took my 8 months (5 fills and 2 emergecny unfills) to get to the "green zone. this is one thing i hadnt planned on with the band, but it's all part of the process. i went through 6 weeks with me feeling like my band was totally open and gain 9 pounds, but that was after 2 emergency unfills and loosing 9pounds in a week, but i couldnt even keep down a Protein Shake. hang in there it gets better

I can't see where you think that you have a problem. 20 lbs in 4 months is amazing! Sometimes a tweek is all you need, but sometimes that is too much. Good luck. Karen

Try to eat more Protein and less carbs and drink a LOT of Water. Even if the band isn't tight enough, you're sabotaging yourself if you don't eat the right way.