Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

Hi everyone, I am from Fenton Mich. I had lapband surgery on Oct 3. I have lost 58lbs so far. Would love to here from other michiganders. love my band! Marcy:smile:

Judy,

My Mom and I would love to join your group on the 12th!!! Please send info on where to meet. We both get banded on the 16th by Dr. Gazayerli at Harper Hospital. Thank you so much for the post, I look forward to hearing from you, Pike

Great meeting you and your mom today, Pike!!! Sure was a chatty group today since most of the people were there for the first time. Best wishes on your new life starting on the 16th! Can't wait to hear your success story! Stay in touch...I'm on here all the time.... Except for next week, we'll be in Florida, but I'll try to get on the computer at our friend's house to keep in the loop!!

Hello my name is Lisa and I too have just joined the program here. I am a new bandster client, I had my surgery on 11-20-07 per Dr Schram at the barics of Ypsilanti. I had a wonderful physican, I would reccomend him to everyone,. My friend MamaJava who is also a member had her surgery on 1-4-08. We couldnt be more pleased. I have lost 23# so far, but have some more work to do.

Lisa from the Irish Hills area.

Yes, we are relatively close to Hillsdale. (I'm answering cuz Lisa and I are best friends and we live in the same area). It's about 35 minutes SW of where we are. We are just about smack-dab in the middle of Ann Arbor & Hillsdale, to give you a better idea.

Curious: why do you get your band fills in Hillsdale? Are they cheaper there? Or, is your doc there?

Nice to meet you, now that I've intruded. LOL

Hey everyone, I just found this thread I didn't know there were state choices. I'm from Michigan also and was banded 12/13 by Dr. Bhesania in Pt Huron. I only live about 30 miles from there in a town nobody's heard of...lol If anybody would like to chat hit me up Ive been on a bunch of other threads and nobody's post op instructions have been the same.

Hey everyone, I just found this thread I didn't know there were state choices. I'm from Michigan also and was banded 12/13 by Dr. Bhesania in Pt Huron. I only live about 30 miles from there in a town nobody's heard of...lol If anybody would like to chat hit me up Ive been on a bunch of other threads and nobody's post op instructions have been the same.

Hey there. I was banded by Dr. Bhesania in April of 07. DH was banded in May. We drive 4 hours for our fills. And we wouldn't have it any other way. Bhesania and the Port Huron lapband clinic are awesome!!

Krista

I was banded in Mexico and Hillsdale was the closest and the cheapest for fills. That is, doctors willing to do it for outside patients. I really like them there. You and Lisa must be closer to me than I thought. Where are you from? I am about 13 miles north of Chelsea, right next to Stockbridge in Gregory.

Kari

I think we are pretty close to you! Lisa lives in Tipton and I live in Tecumseh. :welldoneclap: We ought to keep chatting and become friends...then the 3 of us (or whoever else from these Michigan boards wants to come) can meet for a get-together sometime. I definitely know where Stockbridge is. My hubby and I had our wedding reception in Chelsea at the Comfort Inn by 94.

~Krista

WOW, that's a long way to come I really feel fortunate to be so close. I did alot of research before I made the decision to be banded and I was suprised to find out one of the most experienced surgeons was in my back yard. I havent dealt with Dr. Bhesania a whole lot but Tammy in his office is phenomonal. Are you guys coming to the support meeting tomorrow night? I have never been but they are having an exercise physiologist there it sounds interesting. I have my first post op app tomorrow but I think I just see the dietician I'm not sure. I don't think I see him for a fill until next month. I've lost 28 lbs to date I hope he wont be too disappointed. Sorry this is so long it's just exciting to talk to someone that knows exactly how things are here.

Thanks for the reply

God Bless

I would love to get together sometime. There are others too that are in the area. Don't know about you, but I sure could suse a support group.

WOW, that's a long way to come I really feel fortunate to be so close. I did alot of research before I made the decision to be banded and I was suprised to find out one of the most experienced surgeons was in my back yard. I havent dealt with Dr. Bhesania a whole lot but Tammy in his office is phenomonal. Are you guys coming to the support meeting tomorrow night? I have never been but they are having an exercise physiologist there it sounds interesting. I have my first post op app tomorrow but I think I just see the dietician I'm not sure. I don't think I see him for a fill until next month. I've lost 28 lbs to date I hope he wont be too disappointed. Sorry this is so long it's just exciting to talk to someone that knows exactly how things are here.

Thanks for the reply

God Bless

Because of the distance, we don't make it to the support group meetings, but I started a group here in Alpena. Last Saturday we had 14 people show up! It's only our 4th meeting so we're still getting to know each other, but soon we hope to have speakers in like in Port Huron. I hope to make it to the Christmas party next year. I heard it was really fun. There are 7 in our support group from Alpena that went to Port Huron for their surgery. All are extremely pleased. And your 28# is awesome. He'll be very, very pleased. And yes, Tammy and Sue and all the staff there are wonderful. They have all been just the best to have as a support system too.

Good for you I hope you get alot of interest in your group. I went to see the dietician yesterday I really didn't learn anything since I have to research everything I can get my hands on. I am having bouts of dizziness when I stand up too quick. I don't know what that's about if I can't find anything on the net I'll have to call and bug Tammy. Good luck to you it is suppose to get really cold this weekend so keep warm.

Kim

Hi everyone, just had my surgery last Tues. Went to Port Huron & very happy. Everything is still too new and don't know how I feel yet. Still in pain & hungry sometimes. Have lost 12 lbs so far. My hospital room mate sent me to this site. Will be good to hear from others and hear if they are as scared as me.