Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

Hello Sunnysea,

I'm from the Traverse City area. We are about 100 miles south of the bridge along the Lake Michigan shoreline. There are not many people here from the Northern MI area, mostly down state.

We frequently visit the U.P. in the summer. Camping is the best family fun! We love the Manistque area and also Munising. We also do our yearly trip to the "Big Spring" and see Kitch-iti-kippi.

Last year we took the kids on a three day waterfall tour along Pictured Rocks.

Last summer we swam in three of the great lakes! (Superior, Huron & Michigan)

Any way, enough of my summer journies!

Have you had the procedure, or are your just investigating right now?

Good luck

Hello every one!: I no I'm here. Any one feel like getting back? give me a hollar, cause I'm down in Saint Clair Shores Mi.

Hello everyone! I'm considering getting banded I have been been doing alot of research on this and I want to know who do you guys think is the best in the Metro Detroit area? One of my co-workers says it's Dr. Pleatmen??? But after going to his website it looks like there is a lot of requirements which is good but mentions that this process will take 6 months to a year.

Any suggestions, thoughts, comments????

:help:

Glamourgirl: Check out the Bariatric center at Henry Ford Hospital.

The U of M recomended them to me, said they had the Monopoly on this.

They are very good. If I had to do it again, I would gladly go back and have my surgeon do it.

Chief Surgeon Jeffrey Genaw.

Go on line and you can check out their Web site., Google his name and see what you get, also you might be able to get a tape on the surgery

Free since you would be considering him. "maybe!!!, don't hold me to

that!" Read my journal, and see what he has done for me. Shirley...

Glamourgirl: The 6-month time period may be in reference to the fact that many insurance companies require a 6-month or 1-year physician supervised weight loss attempt.

As for surgeons... Check out Dr. Deol at www.michiganbariatrics.com. She is so great. Her whole team is wonderful. PM me if you have any questions about her. :P

Maria

Hi Mary, Sorry it took me awhile to respond. I actually live in Marinette Wisconsin right across the river from Menominee Michigan. I am trying to get $$$ together for surgery, my ins. has it excluded even if medically nesessary:( Hope everything will go well with your testing, I had a stress test in Dec. and while thumping away on the treadmill I thought to myself I am never going to overeat again!:faint: it was really hard. The minute I got off the treadmill the nurse asked me if I would like a muffin and some juice? :) yes that would be great!!! Anyhow even though I am out of shape everything turned out good. Well Good Luck with being banded soon.;) Sunnysea

Hello fellow MI Bandsters!

I'm in Harrison Township and as you can see I was banded back in May last year. 65 pounds down and still feeling pretty good. No issues so far other than most of my clothes don't fit anymore... this time thought they are way too big. Hope all my fellow Michigan Bandsters are doing well!

Good Luck to all of you.

P.S. no ticker,,, I broke it and can't seem to fix it.

Hello fellow MI Bandsters!

I'm in Harrison Township and as you can see I was banded back in May last year. 65 pounds down and still feeling pretty good. No issues so far other than most of my clothes don't fit anymore... this time thought they are way too big. Hope all my fellow Michigan Bandsters are doing well!

Good Luck to all of you.

P.S. no ticker,,, I broke it and can't seem to fix it.

Well were neighbors. I'm in s.c.s.. Shirley...

Hey there fellow Michibanders. I hope to be one of you soon. I'm in Alpena and will be having Dr. Bhesania do the banding. We have our surgeon consult on the 22nd of this month and hopefully can get a surgery date soon!! I've been doing a lot of research and am glad I found this message board!! Hubby is having the surgery too and we will support each other, but it will be nice to have some online support as well!!

Judy

Hello everyone.

I would love to get a group of michigan bandsters to meet and exchange notes. I'm outside of Lansing.

Judy: Shirley here, We have our other home in St. Helen. So one of these days when we are hedding up. We'll have to meet. watcha think? Shirley..

Josette: sounds good to me. I would like to arange, or see arainged some type of get together. I'm sure we are all very interesting people. I am in

Saint Clair Shores. Shirley...

I too have an appt with Dr. Deol in March. I plan on attending her meeting at Beaumont on the 27th of Feb. When I talked to Rebecca on the phone she was wonderful. However, she did tell me with a BMI of 37 I probaby wont qualify. I do have high cholestrol ( on meds) and major depression for this, 30 years of being over weight ( also on meds). Does anyone have any suggestions for helping this along? I have BC/BS MESSA. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

I know with my BCBS PPO that a BMI of 35 would be accepted with co-morbidities. I also want to say (don't hold me on this as it was 8 months ago when I heard it) that the education insurance is the best to have becasue there are no pre-surgury requirments such as a supervised diet. I believe the MESSA is educational correct?

Babygrl1234, first let me congradulate you on your lap band and loss so far. That is wonderful, I am looking forward to it hopefully in the soon future. I work for our school district and MESSA is our BC/BS carrier. It is awesome insurance, but I am just fearful of the co morbids. Depression, high cholestrol and high blood pressure I hope are enough. If not, I don't know what else I can do. Thanks for the reply, good luck on your journey