Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Truly When Might I Expect To Be Back To Work

I'm a quick healer (3 c-sections, up and about after a couple days), good pain tolerance and a very sedentary job- sit at a computer, do some walking around the office and some shaking hands.

I am not telling work I'm getting banded, so my surgery is this Thursday- do you think it's reasonable to be back on Monday? Even 1/2 day?

From what you described, I'd say you'd probably be able to go back Monday. I took a week off, I have a physical job and by day 4 I was bored and kind of ready to go back. I only took the pain meds for 3 days and only once on day 3. I'm 13 months post op and the bottle is still in my cabinet like 3/4 full (probably should chuck it soon) lol. I went back on day 7 and to get to work I dug my car out from under a foot of snow I was so bored at home. (I would not recommend doing that, I never told my doc, I'm sure that's not recommended 7 days post op lol.

I would think so just ask Dr about bending. You ate not suppose to bend after surgery time depending?

Oh man.. there was no way I could have gone back to work!! I was down for 5 days straight I went back after 9 days and was still moveing very slow. Everyone is diff.

Twi my doctor never said anything about bending but I learned not to do it bc it hurt.

As for going to work. I would have been able to go back after a few days if I ha your job. But with mine I took off 11 days and even then I was only able to work half days for about 5 days after that. The reason for me o ly working half days is because I kept hitting my port site at work. It would make me very nauseas and hurt a lot.

My doctor required me to take off 3 weeks. Of course I could have gone against him, but am happy I didn't.

I was only down and out for a couple days, but man was I tired! Living off only a few hundred calories a day takes it's toll on your energy.

I definitely could have gone back to work after a week and a half. Instead I enjoyed to time off to learn how to eat and get my strength back.

Goodluck!

I had surgery on a Wednesday and was back to work the following Monday! I have a sit down, office job as well.

I had surgery on Tuesday and back to work the following Monday only because I had vacation time I had to take or else I'd lose it. Like you, I have a desk job and was fine when I came back.

I had the surgery on 12/27 and was back at work on 1/3 (Only because the office was closed on 1/2) I was up and out shopping the next day after surgery. Of course, my husband drove since I couldn't. I waited until 1/1 to drive. I have an office job so it wasn't so bad.

This will be a piece of cake compared to a c section...plus no baby to take care of...they are not opening up or cutting through (except tiny holes) your ab muscles so if you did well with the cs you are going to be fine in 2-3 days!

My doctor required me to take off 3 weeks. Of course I could have gone against him, but am happy I didn't.

I was only down and out for a couple days, but man was I tired! Living off only a few hundred calories a day takes it's toll on your energy.

I definitely could have gone back to work after a week and a half. Instead I enjoyed to time off to learn how to eat and get my strength back.

Goodluck!

Me too. All my doctors required it. And I am glad I did. I can't imagine going back as soon as some do! It took me that long to get my energy back. The first week I felt like I slept, drank Protein, watched TV and slept.

Thankfully, I have good benefits at work as well as bosses. When I did come back I always had the option to do a half day if I was too drained.

If you don't have complications...you could be back at work in a week. With complications...it would be at least 2 weeks if not more. Surgery on Thursday and work the following Monday, might be pushing it.

I too have an office job like yours. I had surgery on a Thursday and was back at work on the following monday.

I have 2 your children to take care of also (1 yr old and 3 yr old) - I didn't have time to just lay around...I had stuff to do!!

Best of luck to you.

I had surgery on a Friday. By Monday I started coming down with a cold. At some point around my time in the hospital I contacted some germs. There was no way I could have been at my desk. I was off one whole week and back half-time the next.

Every one is different, it is true--but also, things happen.

had mine done yesterday plan on going back Monday cushy desk job and bathroom right behind me!