Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help Im Goin Crazy

I am goin on for my fourth wkend being banded. And I get my first fill feb 6. And I am not gettin full. It seem like im hungry more than usual. It driving me in sane. I noticed that I can talorate most foods even tho I know im not supposed to eat them. Ive eatim a roll and hotdog on a bun and potatoes. I fell like im failing, with all my heart I do not want to mess this up, and it all b n vain. why do I stay hungry. Is it because my band hasnt been filled yet.

I am goin on for my fourth wkend being banded. And I get my first fill feb 6. And I am not gettin full. It seem like im hungry more than usual. It driving me in sane. I noticed that I can talorate most foods even tho I know im not supposed to eat them. Ive eatim a roll and hotdog on a bun and potatoes. I fell like im failing, with all my heart I do not want to mess this up, and it all b n vain. why do I stay hungry. Is it because my band hasnt been filled yet.

Sounds to me you are all healed from the surgery and have returned to "Normal" as you were before the surgery.

Prior to getting fills, you are exactly where you should be. A membr of the "White Knuckle Club". Keep hanging on!

I wasnt finished wit my post... Im already makin bad choices, I think maybe its time to start going to support groups. Any ideas wud really really help.

I wasnt finished wit my post... Im already makin bad choices, I think maybe its time to start going to support groups. Any ideas wud really really help.

B52 can u tell me about ur journey with the band. I wud b greatful to read ur thoughts and feelings. Maybe that will help me out a bit.

We could all eat anything we wanted after surgery! Something our surgeons neglected to tell us! lol

Unfortunately the first 3 to 4 months are the strictest, hardest diet you'll ever be on if you want to lose before restriction!

Also, remember that restriction is not about getting stuck, it's about having the feeling of satiety and not being physically hungry for 4 to 5 hours after earing.

Be patient, make good choices, and good luck! Everyone is rooting for you!

MultiQuote

Edit

Blog This

Surgery: June 27, 2011

Weight Loss Includes 11 pounds lost pre-op!

Why yes....once upon a time there were 3 bears........

Sorry, only joking.

First, only you can make wise food choices, starting now and for the rest of your life.

The first 4 weeks are all about healing. I followed the Dr.s orders. I hated mashies and relayed on Soups, chili, mashed potatoes, etc.

At 4 weeks, I got a 4 cc fill. Nothing changed, other Than I was allowed to eat regular food at the 4 week mark.

So when I went back for my 2 nd fill 4 weeks after that, I had gained weight! My Dr laughed at me because he understood what was going on.

After my 2 nd fill I began to feel some restriction, but it would come and go. It was easier to control what I ate and began to loose weight again, but I was still very frustrated.

Went for my 3 rd fill 4 weeks after that, and after 2 days of liquids, WHAM!

Scary tight! Could not keep anything down! Called my Dr and was told give it another day , may just be inflamation. Things did level out, but my band remained very tight.

I do prefer it that way. I am now in the green zone and have been since last May.

Have not had or needed a fill since then.

I'm coming up on one year, and less than 10lbs from my goal.

That is right, once you are healed it is possible to eat almost anything. But just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Once you start getting fills the process becomes easier but in the meantime you need to start taking charge and learning new healthy habits. You are in charge, you choose what you put in your mouth.

So instead of eating a hotdog on a bun with potatoes why not try eating a more substantial type of sausage with some salad and some potatoes? Same kind of thing, more satisfying and much healthier.

Next time you want something unhealthy, pause and think what healthier option you could replace it with.

And yes going to a support group is a great idea. But if you can't get to one just log on here more often, there are lots of people that can help you. You may even find a weight loss buddy.

Elcee I cant eat veggies for another month. Just Protein. Believe u me I wud love to eat a salad or any veggies for that matter. It sucks jus eating protein. U cud eat veggies ur first month lucky duck

Veggies were 1 of the first things I ate. I made them into Soups and after that I mashed them for mushies. Are you sure your plan says no veggies as that seems very strange? What did you eat on the liquid/mushy stages?

If you are only allowed Protein why did you eat a hotdog on a bun with potatoes? I understand that you maybe gave into temptation which is something people do. If you are tempted again then I think you would be a lot better off eating veggies than a hotdog on a bun!

Hi Judunn23, sorry you're having a rough time.

I know you said you can't have veggies, however potatoes are a veggie and a very starchy one at that. If you can handle potatoes you can likely easily handle a salad. I think elcee's point was, if you feel you need to have items not on the diet, then maybe try to make healthier choices about it when you do.

I know it's not easy. I'm two weeks post op and as I type this, my stomach is growling like crazy. I'm HUNGRY! lol But it's way too late at night so I refuse to eat. I'll just have to survive 'til I have my Protein Shake for Breakfast. I'm still on liquids, too. It makes it extremely hard to feel satisfied when your tummy is healed, you have nothing in your band, and you only consume stuff you can drink. It sucks!

I freely admit, the temptation has been huge to 'cheat' a couple times. The other night, I made my kids Texas Toast to go with their spaghetti. I am a cheese freak, and the smell of that garlicy cheese was torture. I wanted one, even just a bite, SO BAD!! Same thing when my daughter eats a bagel. I love Bagels and the smell alone about drove me insane. I'm still not entirely sure how I've resisted this far, I only thank God that I've been able to so far. It's not easy. At all.

Perhaps it would help to find more Protein rich foods you like? Like maybe chicken breast, shredded, in a light BBQ Sauce. Easy to chew and digest yet light on calories. Perhaps a chicken salad with low fat mayo. Even low fat cottage cheese has a shockingly high amount of protein in it. I even thought up a way to cook a meatloaf using ground turkey, ketchup, and Tomato sauce (rather than brown gravy and all the fat). Try to get creative with your protein so you feel more satisfied and enjoy what you eat!

I know it's hard right now, but try to hang in there. I think RL support group would be great, and in the meantime, we're here too smile.png

No worries! You're no different than the vast majority of banders. I got banded about 7 weeks ago and have had one fill and I'm still hungry and feel no restriction. Looking forward to fill #2 on 2/2/12. If you want to lose weight before you get the fill that creates restriction, you'll have to diet. I know that sucks but it's up to you? For me, I'm trying to eat right and exercise. I'm treading Water and have lost 12 lbs but I plateaued 3 weeks ago.

Someone earlier said that Dr's don't tell you about bandster hell. So true. I really thought I'd be well on my way to losing my first 30 lbs but looks like that will have to weight(pun intended).

B-52, once there were 3 bears............. hilarious ! im still laughing !!!

- jdun23-sorry, didnt mean to ignore your call for help. ive only been banded 7 weeks, but i find if i eat a healthy meal 1st, the bad craving go away 95%. then a bite or 2 satisfies me. good luck !

Veggies were 1 of the first things I ate. I made them into Soups and after that I mashed them for mushies. Are you sure your plan says no veggies as that seems very strange? What did you eat on the liquid/mushy stages?

If you are only allowed Protein why did you eat a hotdog on a bun with potatoes? I understand that you maybe gave into temptation which is something people do. If you are tempted again then I think you would be a lot better off eating veggies than a hotdog on a bun!

elcee i didnt eat the the hot dog and potatoes together. 1st i went to the movies and had a hot dog i was starving, now i know that i should of ate the hot dog w/o the bun but i didnt and the wasnt a smart choice. i ate a cheese steak omlete and the potatoes for breakfast this morning. after reading everyone's replies i have realized something that i already knew, and that being to b strong and make better choices. mind over matter rite. its jus so hard you know. but i hear wat you are saying loud and clear. plus after i read your comment i reread my patient handbook and it did say to start veggies two months post op. add them one at a time. i think that once i am able to eat veggies that it will be better, it gets boring jus eating meat. gotta do wat i gotta do just have to be strong in mind and spirit. and pray for God to give me strenth.teeth_smile.gifteeth_smile.gifteeth_smile.gif hank you all for the advice, it is a blessing that i found this site. i dont feel so alone in the new transition in my new life. look forward to talking with everyone. ttyl peace and no worries