Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 12/21 and feel great. However, I drank more Water before being banded. My tastes have changed and water doesn't even taste that great to me anymore. I drink a 20oz tea in the morning and try and drink water during the day while I'm teaching but don't seem to even finish one. Since I don't drink and eat at the same time like I used to there is no liqued there. I feel good and besided from being 18 pounds down and the scale not moving in the past week everything is good. Will I get sick if I only drink anout 30-40oz liqued a day?

I was banded on 12/21 and feel great. However, I drank more Water before being banded. My tastes have changed and Water doesn't even taste that great to me anymore. I drink a 20oz tea in the morning and try and drink water during the day while I'm teaching but don't seem to even finish one. Since I don't drink and eat at the same time like I used to there is no liqued there. I feel good and besided from being 18 pounds down and the scale not moving in the past week everything is good. Will I get sick if I only drink anout 30-40oz liqued a day?

I know what you mean. I started to use crystal lite, Arizona and other o cal additives for different tastes.

I was banded on 1/6 and am having trouble getting enough Water, too. Part of it is I'm so dang full, I just don't want to put anything else in my stomach.

I found I like Diet Raspberry Snapple Iced Tea a lot. Granted I know it's not Water, but it's 0 calories and no sodium, so I figure it's better than nothing. Perhaps you could find something similar?

I've never been a Water drinker but i read in a mag before about drinking half diet cran juice with water. An I love it. It taste great an theres just enough cran to make u thirsty but then theres the water. Never mind cran is good to flush out the kidneys

I was banded this past Thursday and the gas pains are making me sick to my stomach so I am having trouble getting anything in. SF popsicles seem best until I can feel better I'm going to what I can get in just to keep my fluids up.

Mio is also good. I have found some I like, and of course some I don't. I did see a new type of squeeze additive by the Mio's at safeway last week, but have not tried them.

The best way to check if you are drinking enough is by the colour of your urine - if it is very pale you are sufficiently hydrated - if it is really dark you are not. if it is a stange colour such as blue or orange or something it is probably from some food or drug you have consumed!

I drink very little Water, my drink of choice is a nice hot cup of tea with a splash of low fat milk and no sugar or sweetner.

Most nutritionists etc forget to tell you that Water is not the only liquid you can consume,many other liquids count too. And also some foods have a high water count so they also help towards your daily total.

Amen to the tea :)