Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have an Appointment!

Woo Hoo! I see Dr. Voellinger on Tuesday at 4:15 pm. !!!

This is my first time on this site I have an appointment next Thursday to get more information on the lapband and I can' wait!

bread,

Welcome! You're in North Carolina then? Where? If you're near Charlotte, there is a group of us meeting at Ruby Tuesdays right off I-77, the Arrowood Rd. Exit for lunch tomorrow at 11 a.m. We have an awesome group of people here, very loving, very caring.

Who are you seeing next week?

OK, so if you leave now, you might be here for lunch tomorrow :) Welcome to the board anyway!

Oh that is right...Dianne has surgery @ 7:30 and Karen gets to see him @ 4:15... He is just taking care of the girls on Tuesday.

Way to go Karen....Keep us posted!!!!!

Hey there! I read your thread and I'm excited for you. So is this gonna be with your surgeon? Do you know when your surgery is gonna be? Do you have insurance that will pay? I'm waitin' on approval from my insurance company--BCBS of TN. May God Bless you as you continue on this journey.

Mona,

Condensed version, I had all of my preliminary stuff completed by the 1st week in December and have been waiting for the surgeon to have enough patients to be re-certified by Inamed. I'm tired of waiting, and Dr. Voellinger has agreed to take me. Since I have all of my prelims done, and have one of the more liberal insurances for WLS in this area, I hope to be banded very quickly, maybe even before the end of March! :D After waiting so long, I'm very excited.

Hey Karen! I'm so excited for you in this. But what do you mean 'waiting for the surgeon to be re-certified'? I guess it doesn't really matter just so long as a good surgeon can do this for you. It has been a long road for me as well. And I agree with your scripture verse "I can do all things...". I'm a christian and I believe that the Lord is gonna see us through this journey. I hope to get to continue to talk with you through this journey. May God bless you.

I just noticed that your name is actually Carroline; so why "Mona"?

Inamed, the company that makes the Lap Band implant, requires surgeons to be "certified" in Lap Band surgery. If a doctor changes hospitals, they require re-certification. The doctor I first went to moved to Charlotte from Chicago, and thus has to be re-certified. To be certified, the surgeon has to have 2-3 patients scheduled for surgery on the same date before Inamed will send a surgeon to proxy their technique.

Where in Tennessee do you live?

:mad: Hey there. My first name is actually Ramona but I go by carroline. I just thought 'Mona' seemed a little different. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'm from east Tennessee near Chattanooga. I'm working hard to "get all my ducks in a row" so to speak. Today I found out that I have to go for a psych evaluation and I have to show my insurnace company that I have been on some sort of structured diet plan within the past two years. But then again, I have been on a structured diet plan off and on for the past 10 years and I haven't been able to keep off the weight. Oh well, go figure I guess...lol. God is in control of this thing anyway so I don't have to sweat it. Hope all is well with you and I hope to hear from you soon. May God continue to bless you.:car:

Thank you Carroline! I hope your journey is quick and uneventful. There's no way to know how long it will take from start to band surgery. It varies by surgeon and insurance company.