Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question About Plastic Surgery Coverage

Hey everybody. I have my Mom here who has a question about getting plastic surgery. She is 11 years post gastric bypass surgery. Has maintained a 120 pound weight loss. After loosing the weight she ended up with some loose skin on her arms, thighs, butt, and stomach..and really wants to have some plastic surgery done. After the weight was off, she looked into getting it done through her surgeon and he referred her to a plastic surgeon but the cost was outrageous so she couldn't have it done..and insurance would not cover.

Shes gone into a deep depression about this because she really wants this excess skin taken off! Its enough to cause her not to wear a bathing suit and she hides herself just as much now as she did when she was fat.

So her question is, does anybody know of any grants or does anybody know about any programs for people who have this problem who are lower income? Or maybe a PS who would finance? Because she cannot afford to have it done but desperately needs it.

We live in Connecticut..so whatever anybody can share we would appreciate. Thanks for reading!

There is a program called Care Credit, its similar to a credit card, but used for Medical procedures. I have friends with it, it can be used for anything medically related, inculding for pets.

I had to self pay for my band and it was totally worth it but of course I will also have to pay if I want some skin tightened up. I feel for her as we have worked hard and still feel bad about how we look. There are basically three options, one, live with it as is, two, get a job to make some extra cash, three, use credit...they all kind of suck but that is the reality! I cant decide what to do and for now I am just living with it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches