Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two weeks post op and am on mechanically soft foods now. I am wondering if this is to good to be true though. I am able to eat everything so far and not have problems. I have been making the right choices so far as food is concerned but am eating with the family just not able to eat very much.. I am trying not to "look for trouble" but am starting to feel like this is getting easier. I still want the whole taco and burritto but can only eat the meat and cheese and a little sour cream. Very doable. Can I possibly be doing this right and not feel like it is so hard? Or should I not be eating what I am eating? I have not had a fill yet. I am scheduled for Feb 7th. They did say that I was showing some restriction though. Could this possibly be life after band?

At two weeks you are still healing. Up until my second adjustment I was able to eat normally. Take your time and chew very well. Go slowly on your diet, but only you will be able to determine what is "normal". All the information you receive is a sum total of a variety of responses to foods after surgery, none of which came from you, obviously. You will know the moment you eat too fast, don't chew enough or that the food is not compatable with your band. Do not expect weight loss during this time. As frustrating as it is the weight loss will not start until you feel restriction. Until then, it is on the individual to maintain and just to heal. Pain is how you will know to back off. No matter what you eat just be very cautious, especially after an adjustment. Your stomach is traumatized all over again when the band is expanded. Once you settle in you will feel food more moving down through your stoma. Get used to eating cool food. I start out with a hot meal and 45 mins later it is cold and I usually give up or have given up before then, mostly around 30 mins. Good luck with everything and try to find a smaller support group. It really helps. This forum is too large and too many people are way too critical of others.

I am a relative band newbie, I was banded on 10/27/11 and I had my first fill five days ago. So far, being banded has not been hard. Like you, I am eating what I am allowed as per my doctor's instructions and not having the rest. I have eaten meals at restaurants with friends and family, gone to Disney and survived the holidays. Knowing that my band is here to help me, I find it much easier to good choices and not feel deprived. When I dieted in the past, I felt like I was missing something if I chose not to have the fries or dessert.

I have had episodes where I have eaten too fast and I felt some pressure in my chest/esophogas. I have learned that a soft hiccup is my band's way to tell me that my meal over. My doctor also said that a meal should be no longer than 20 minutes.

I love Lap Band Talk. This is a very supportive and a very honest community.

This time, it really IS different for me.

Don't test it.

I read something today and I think it rings true. The goal here is to see LITTLE you can eat and not be hungry, NOT how much you can eat. It's not there to stop you from eating, it's there to help you be less physically hungry. Not everyone gets stuck, or sick. I've been banded a year and not once have I thrown up, I've had some discomfort, but nothing ever got stuck. Ultimately it's all up to you and the choices you make. Like Dulci posted, it should be easier to make good choices because you won't be hungry eating less food.