Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was in the "First batch" of people in my area to get the band 2 years ago when it became available. I was wondering if anyone has regrets, would you do it again? why/why not?

how supportive and accessible is your bariatric program's after care (i.e. for fills, etc)?

The last time I was seen by the Bariatric center, the CNP asked me if I"d do it again, and i told her my answer varies depending on how im doing and what day of the week it is.....but seriously after thinking about it, I wish i wouldve done more research and gone for the bypass or sleeve instead (which wouldve been out of state).

I have constant issues (i.e. daily) with PB and usually some form of vomitting, regardless of how fine i chew my food down to.

i stay away from carbs, i push my Protein and veggies....I'm just tired of feeling like i have less a life now than almost 60lbs ago.

any feedback is welcome........tgif.

We are all so different when it comes to this stuff. I chose a place that did not require me to go in all the time. That is the way I wanted it. No pre-op hoops were required either. I went in for a consult and had the surgery 3 weeks later. I went back for 2 fills and then didn't go back for another 11 months. I did fine and lost over 100 pounds. I do understand when people want the frequent follow ups and kinda want the office to hold their hand through the journey.

The vomiting so often is not a good thing and can cause some major damage. It sounds like you may be a tiny bit too tight.

I have no regrets at all. ( Maybe that I didn't do it sooner) I've had great success with very little effort. I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

I agree that it sounds to me like you are too tight. My doctor says if you can't eat 3 oz of solid Protein and veggies and fruit that you are too tight.

I have no regrets. I have lost about 65 pounds since being banded and I know I couldn't have done it alone. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

If you are PBing that much you are in trouble...that can cause some serious damage! I LOVE my band and would do it and even self pay all over again in a heartbeat! It has never been easy but I am still surprised at how it has helped me make real changes lifelong.

I have not been the model bandster and haven't lost what I think I "should" have because of it. But even with that said, I still would do it over again. I recently have re-introduced myself to my band and am now giving it the respect it deserves, which for me meant starting over. Measuring out my food, counting my chews, eating more Protein, cutting out liquid calories, keeping a food diary (via an iphone app) and finally exercising. It's amazing - I haven't PB'd in over a week and I can sleep all night without getting up to throw up. (I was pb'ng/throwing up every day at least once)

The lap-band is a tool and like a tool, just buying it and putting in the shed, won't make it work.

Being here, around other bandsters has been a blessing for me. It keeps me in check. teeth_smile.gif

Thanks y'all.....yeah, I went to see the CNP at the bariatric program. It had been a year since I had last been in. I have maintained 55lbs off, yet she wanted to poopoo and scold me for not coming in more often for fills. Well, low and behold after presenting my symptoms and logic, she removed 1cc. This was the first weekend, I actually was able to eat and enjoy my food w/o ANY regurg or excusing myself to the bano. My spouse noticed the difference too. My portions are still small (like the smallest plate possible). She did put me on the prescription strength VitD and encouraged the additional Vitamin B (which also has calcium..yay).

I inquired about the accessibility of the aftercare/fills/etc, and looks like they have no efforts of weekends or "after 5pm" fills. So those of us who work the early am to5, are pretty much SOL. Its sad that Ive gone a whole year of the regurg just because they kept wanting to fill me, now i have dental enamel issues as a side result...yuck.

my goal is for another 50 this year....im realistic...eat (smart), pray (hard) and love (always)........

It bothers me that you are blaming the clinic for you year of regurg etc...this is ultimately your body, your responsibility and I think you know it.

Yes, I have regrets. Yes, it is my body and I am responsible for it, but I need guidance and there is none from the surgeons office. There is a support group and I learn more from my fellow lapanders than from the nutritionist. I have many questions with no one to ask...trying to navigate this site for information. Lost 50 lbs in the first 6 mos but nothing else in the past 10 months. My eating habits are poor because it is so difficult to eat anything, except those items that slide right down .. ice cream. food has been a source of enjoyment tht got me in trouble, but post op, I feel deprived and am tired of throwing up every day, and there is never any satisfaction from delicious food. Have actually thought about having the Fluid removed from my band. weight watchrs might be better than this.