Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Kinda Blah...

Good Morning,

The past few days I have been feeling very bad about myself. I feel like I am eating like I am preparing for the winter. Half of the time I don't even want what I am eating, but my head is saying "Why not?" Today when I put pants on that have always been too big, they were kinda tight. I almost died. What is my problem? My surgeon told me not to pre-op diet until 2 weeks prior, but I doubt he wanted me to pre-op gain! I just feel so gross. I am dying for January 30, so I can start the pre-op diet and be almost there! I know I will hate it once its here, but I feel like I am in such a weird spot right now. I was told not diet, but I want to. So weird. I am just rambling, and I would be surprised if anyone knows what I am talking about! embaressed_smile.gif

<sigh>

Hi Amanda,

This is the first post I've replied to in a year or more. I had my surgery on 1/19/2009, so I am almost 3 years out. At 3 years I should have reached my goal weight. Although I haven't, I feel great! I am still 25lbs from my absolute goal weight, but have reached 3 big milestones I set for myself. My 4 milestones are/were...lost 35lbs..check. Lose 50lbs..check...get to "Onederland"..check and finally get to my goal weight (working on it).

My point in telling you my story is this....this journey is yours and yours alone. If you want to cut down on foods to make you feel better..do it! If you want to feel better...do whatever you need to do to get it done. I would suggest walking..that made a HUGE difference for me! Everyday, focus on walking at least 30 minutes...do it in 10 or 5 minute increments if you have to. But setting even a small goal like that can completely change your outlook!

Congratulations on your new "birthday" coming up..it will truly be a day that will change your life forever! Chin up...you're already on your journey. How you choose to prepare for it, is up to you and your doctor. You can and will do thiS!!

I am on a supervised diet...this is my last month. The first month I gained 4 lbs the second month I gained 3 lbs. My goal is to lose 2 lbs this month. All I can say is forget the past and try to just make healthy choices. I am not dieting per say but I am trying to change my food choices and exercise more(not kill myself...just walking everday at lunch). I hope to lose the 2 lbs and I will say I am so glad the holidays are over...they were setting me up for failure trying to start a diet November and December. I bet this month will be better for you. Don't give up. Start it over fresh for 2012----and good luck!