Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ramblings Of An Impatient Post Op Bander

My first fill is scheduled for 1/10/12 I am counting down the days about 2 weeks ago someone turned on my 'hungry" switch and the sucker is stuck in on. I am trying my best to at least maintain what I have already lost (10 lbs) but man its getting harder by the day! I honestly cant wait until I get my fill, I am ready to move on and get some of this weight off. Were any of you this impatient for your first fill? I have been reading everything people have been posting on here about how our stomachs arent always good patients and can be quite grumpy with the fills. I have warned my boss, and she is such a "beyotch" that it was hard to admit to her I had the band placed.

I bought the WWII fit 2 last night and cant do it I tried but Im still to ut of shape so I am going to start doing other exerciese on the WWII fit Im also hoping that LA Fitness has a New Year's special so I can afford to join I want to do the pool, my surgeon says 30 minutes a day in the pool works wonders so I want the wonders :)

Thank you for listening to my ramble.

I hope everyone has a safe wonderful New Year!!

Remember your first fill will probably do very little to curb your hunger. It took me 3 fills to feel a little restriction and on the 4th fill, 4 months post-op, I hit the green zone. My theory is that drs fill you slowly so you learn to eat properly BEFORE you have major restriction. You really need to follow the rules

once this happens or you will not get the sufficient amounts of Protein in. Good luck and be patient.

P.S. My band was empty after surgery, if your dr put some in yours you might get restriction sooner.

I am feeeling your pain. I am only 11 days post and I can eat any thing in the house I am not sure that the wii is a good idea for you yet. At this point we are still in walking mode. I was told no major exercise until instructed that it was ok to do so! Does your stomach give u some restriction? Like does it tell you after a little that you have had enough??? That is what mine does and I listen because I do not want to go up chuckin!

My stomach does tell me at times when I have had enough. I have discovered the pain of not chewing throughly on Christmas Eve and that slowed me down and in forced me to be a FIRM believer in my smaller silverware and plate. I now cut my meat smaller and (remember the chant we used to say to my girls when they were little) chew chew chew laugh.png

I realize the band is a tool not the "fix" of my fat so I will utilize it and loose the weight I need to loose. I have to try to curb my impatience attitude because it has taken me 26 yrs to get this fat I wont be 150 in 6 weeks.. out.gifbored.gif

im in the same boat as you. im 17 days out, have my first fill jan 9th, and im hungry all the time. im on mushies but find im having no prob with anything. the only good news is im eating less and feeling fine. lost 12 lbs , havent lost any more but havent gained any back either. walking allowed so far. im looking at this time as the healing phase and hoping my fill will bring some restriction. best of luck to you !

Remember your first fill will probably do very little to curb your hunger. It took me 3 fills to feel a little restriction and on the 4th fill, 4 months post-op, I hit the green zone. My theory is that drs fill you slowly so you learn to eat properly BEFORE you have major restriction. You really need to follow the rules

once this happens or you will not get the sufficient amounts of Protein in. Good luck and be patient.

P.S. My band was empty after surgery, if your dr put some in yours you might get restriction sooner.

Agree! I actually gained weight after my first fill, before my 2nd. Because at the time of my first fill, 4 weeks after surgery, I was allowed to eat regular food again.

It was a slow process, took me 3 fills also before I could say the band was making a difference.

I am now comfortably in the "Green Zone", no more hard work or determination on my part. But I will say that period after surgery was a time to learn some hard lessons that will have to be followed as long as you are banded.

GreenZone.jpg