Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

okay...if there's no one's birthday coming up after 7/4, how about a "back to school" goal. I know I would love to hear "Is that your mom????", upon returning my son to school in August. LOL! Oh and I'm THIS CLOSE (*pinches fingers together*) to reaching my secondary 7/4 goal of 70 lbs lost! This last fill/slight unfill (LOL) might have pushed me to the green zone. I've lost 5 pounds in the past week, I've rarely been hungry the past few days, and when I am, about 3/4 c. of food fills me up! Yay! I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend!

Wow gang - how great we're all doing! I'm sorry I've been MIA lately... I'm not getting my email updates of posts and can't seem to access our group on my iPad. It tells me I have messages and I'm subscribed, but when I try to look at the posts it tells me I don't have access. GRRRR! Anyway - I've been plugging along and finally hit 50 pounds AND onederland! YAY! It's been probably 10 years since I left onederland and it's great to be back!

We were on vacation two weeks ago and I was worried I would blow it, but I just kept sensible eating in mind. I think I'm in the green zone, though because I certainly feel restriction and I have to work hard to avoid the stucks! I had an issue Saturday at the mall with some pizza - should have known better but my choices were Protein heavy cheese pizza or super fried meat nuggets in a sweet sauce.

I'm also having issues with understanding my portions!!! The Publix by my office has a great salad bar with deli meat available and I always take too much!!! I think, "That doesn't really look like much, I'd better put a little more on there," then I end up throwing 1/4 - 1/3 away! Yay for not eating it, but boo for wasting the money!

I also had a BIG NSV this weekend. While I was stuck at the mall (car work at Sears) I decided for the heck of it to look at some of their Misses Lands End clothes. I bought a large (14-16) skirt and tops!!! Holy moley!!! The skirt was full so I could get away with it; my hips and thighs are keeping me in 16/18 pants depending on the cut. If it were up to my waist I'd be in a 12! HA! I haven't made the bathing suit plunge yet because I'm hoping I'll need an even smaller size by September which is usually when we go to the beach.

I have a doctor's appointment next Monday, but I don't think I'll get a fill. I probably should though, because I think this appointment is the end of my "free fills for 6 months"! I had post-op blood work done on their request, so it will be interesting to see where my cholesterol and other levels are now. I know my blood pressure is down.

I promise to be on more often. Have a great day everyone!!!

weight.png

Okay, a back to school goal- would that be the end of August? I'll think about what I want to accomplish and get back to you!

Amica- congrats on the ONEDERLAND!! And new clothes! And green zone! I too need to do my 6 months blood work. I hate having my blood taken. Good for you eating well on vacation. I can't wait to have more restriction!!!!

Okay everyone, what is YOUR back to school goal???

Hold up - it is my birthday that is next - July 26th. :)

I think / hope that I am finally in the green zone. I am starting to see the scale moving after literally about 6 weeks at the same depressing weight. I need to think about a realistic goal, but would love everyone to jump on the bandwagon with me!

I bought a new scale last month because I didn't like what the old one was telling me - lol. Actually, the old one fluctuated so bad that I would weigh myself multiple times but couldn't tell what my true weight was. I just had to settle on the number that came up the most times. My new scale (Health-O-Meter) has been great and accurate. I now weigh 215 lbs. and I stepped on the scale Saturday night before bed (and after a July 4th feast) and the scales said 225 lbs.!!! I freaked out in disbelief that one meal / one day caused me to gain 10 lbs. Then the scale error'ed out - whew. I weighed again and it said 190 lbs. Yeah right, I wish!! So I am reseaching how to fix it - I have reset it, changed the batteries, and it is still wigging out. I was distraught that I couldn't get an accurate weight this morning. Hopefully I can resolve whatever issue it has tonight! Any suggestions?

Yay....a birthday goal instead of Back-to-school. I didn't want to think about back-to-school yet anyway! LOL. Okay..so my "Savannah's Birthday 7/26" goal to be at 80 pounds lost and officially down to a 16.

Savannah: make sure your scales are on level ground...try a hard-wood floor vs. carpet. My scales are more accurate on my kitchen floor than on my living room carpet. Make sure you weigh at the same time of day. For instance, I weigh 1st thing in the morning, after a trip to tinkle. LOL. When you find a spot that is accurate...make sure to place the scales there each time you weigh. I have a spot worn on my bedroom floor, I think, from always putting mine in the same place. They are fairly accurate there. However, they do weigh me 1.5 pounds more than my doctor's scales.

Good luck!

Hello all!!

Amica- Congrats on onederland, that is awesome!

Chrissy- GL getting to your goal, keep it up!

JDI- We have black widows too, they are nasty little boogers. We actually have had our outside of our house sprayed with bug spray every three months to help keep them away from my kiddos.

Well last week I didn't gain or lose. I have been struggling with choosing bad foods. I have lots of good excuses, just ask me, LOL. We went to an amusement park on Saturday, my 6 year wedding anniversary was Sunday, and now it is Fourth of July week. And there is no end in sight for my excuses. We leave on Friday for the beach. I need some tough love and encouragement. I don't know why I do this to myself, it is silly. I am thinking about doing a liquid diet for a few days before vacation to get the sugar and fat cravings under control. Anyone else have any ideas?

Hey Gals, looks like we're all still in it to win it and struggling with our demons from time to time. It's natural I guess. My demons have reared their ugly heads the past few nights, bingeing with fruit thin Cookies, buffalo wings flavored almonds and last night added weight watcher chocolate caramel candies to the mix and I can't blame anything or anyone but moi! It's not my time of the month although I had all my parts removed 20 yrs ago, however, still get the monthly cravings at the end of the month. Hmmm, perhaps, being that it's the beginning of the month, I am now realizing, I didn't have the cravings last week so perhaps my TOM was off a few days!

I also haven't been exercising as much as I have in the past because I'm working outside in my backyard and thinking that's exercise. WRONG! I'm being active but I am realizing that I still need to get my butt in the gym. I pulled out my old FIRM video tape, yes, I did say video tape for those of you old enough to know what they are. LOL Circa 2002 Cardio Scupt. I did it yesterday and I have to say, it kicked my butt and thighs which need to be strengthened more then my upper torso. I even felt stronger this morning walking and bending , albeit, sore but a good sore. I can't believe how bad my lower half has taken a toll over the past few years of no exercising. It's amazing. I can now go up the stairs without holding onto the railing and not puffing. I use to run up stairs on my toes in shoes when I was at a healthier weight, the past few year's I was just lucky to get up them at all! So, yes, even though I hear and read it here all the time, exercise, exercise, exercise + lapband= toning, losing and being healthy!

I will work on Savannah's birthday goal too. Trying for 55lbs. I have a fill next week so we'll see.

Hi there, Savannah, all right! Another July b-day! Okay, my Savannah birthday goal is to be down at least 67 lbs- so that will be a 5 lb loss. Consider me on the bandwagon!! Good luck getting your scale to work. I too have my scale on my hard bathroom floor.

Meredith- LOL, all my Firm workouts are DVD's, but I have plenty of other VHS tapes. I wonder if there's a way to convert them to DVD!! I really like the Firm, it's a good workout and goes fast!!! Good for you getting back to the official workouts, I still count in my outside work as exercise in myfitnesspal, though :).

Chrissy- good goal! Down 80 lbs!!! Awesome!!

Erica- I'm with you for excuses- but let's make a pact to not make them, k???

I had my fill today, and of course they had birthday cake for me at the office (carrot cake). I took a piece of cake and ate a smidge of frosting and threw the rest out. I will also be on mushies for my birthday (I'm making DH do shrimp for me on Thursday instead). I'm hoping this will get me to the sweet spot! Of course no issues with Water or Protein Drinks, we'll see tomorrow what more restriction I feel. I asked the doctor if this was normal, to not think I"m feeling restriction after almost 6 months. He said I was doing great weight loss wise, that if it were hard to eat that is way beyond restriction. I said that I was eating well over a cup of food, and he said that was fine, that I should be eating a salad plate size, and if I get full before I eat that to just stop eating, but if I do eat that much because I was hungry, that is okay too. Also to eat the Protein first. So now I feel better. They're happy with what I've lost, but I just feel like it's kind of slowing down.

SO talk to you later, all, have a great one!!!!

Nicki

Its July 4th! Happy Birthday.....America! :) and Happy Birthday JDI!! I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day today! I hit my secondary "Nicki's Birthday Goal" of 70 pounds...but just barely. LOL. Now for ten more for "Savannah's Birthday Goal". I hope you all have a wonderful, safe Independence Day. oh and Nicki: http://youtu.be/wFh-rX_Sfhs

Chrissy, LOL, thanks! That was so cute, my kids loved it too!

Down another 1.5 lbs. I hope to be in the 2-teens next week! We'll see! I took pictures last night- I was doing weekly, but that's fallen off, but I compared last night's to my pre-surgery pix, and boy, I can tell!! It was nice to review. I'm not feeling great today- some lower stomach cramping going on, and it's killing me. Fireworks are tonight, so we'll see how I'm feeling. I can kind of tell I'm tighter, so hopefully more restriction from my fill on Tuesday, we'll see today as I can eat regular food!

Nicki

Congrats on the 1.5, Nicki! Good job! I hope everyone had a safe and happy Independence Day. :)

Hi everyone! Well, I ate way too much last night, even though my b-day was on the 4th we did my b-day dinner last night since I was on mushies from my fill. I made a fennel and Pasta salad with stilton cheese and walnuts (so so so good) and shrimp, with chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert (later). I ate way too many shrimp, and boy am I still paying for it! I feel icky!! Oh well. Ces't la vie. And I haven't been exercising the last few days, as our ac is out and it's just been too much. So back on track food wise today, and will exercise. I have a friend at work who will help fix my elliptical, so that makes me happy. My AC is fixed, it was a quick $80 fix, which also made me happy. So all seems better!

Hope all is well with everyone, it's been pretty quiet!!!!

Nicki

Oh, and it seems that I am tighter from this fill, but since I ate so much I have to kind of go easy for a few days to get back to seeing what my restriction really is like.

JDI...so glad you got your AC fixed!! Its rough trying to exercise when its so dang hot! I was out walking between 530 and 6 this morning...and it was already starting to get a little muggy. It was bearable, but I think I'm going to have to go a little earlier for my walk tomorrow. And DO take it easy for a few days. Its not fun when that band is too tight. I'm so glad I went back and had Doc to take a smidge out last week!

I don't think I'm too tight, I think I ate so much I can't tell what the restriction really is like! But I'm no hero, if I think I'm too tight I'll get a smidge out.