Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Surgery Bandsters Group

Hi everyone I was banded January 25 and as of todate I am down 46lbs. I don't feel like I'm doing anything special with my diet but I know it has changed. I'm going swiming today at an outdoor pool which is someyhing I havnt done in a long time. I'm still kinda worried about it though.

Welcome mrshep12!

Hey peeps! Hope you had a great weekend! I was a BAAAAD girl and ate lots of things I shouldn't have, but I had my 4th follow-up and fill today and the doc was very happy with my progress and wants me to write a testimonial. I'm down 40.5 pounds since surgery and my fill today puts me up to 5 cc. My next checkup is in 2 months.

My NSV for the weekend was that I was able to stand for 3+ hours for an event we were doing! Might not seem like a big deal, but with my arthritis and the extra weight I was usually in misery after 30 minutes on my feet. I was also able to walk from the far end of the parking lot yesterday which would have been impossible before. YAY! I'm back on the bandwagon for food and exercise this week! I'm still hoping to be down 50 pounds by 5/25!

weight.png

Hi MrsShep! How did swimming go? I think at 3 months out you're okay as far as healed incisions go. 46 lbs is awesome!

Hi Amica- yay for the nsv's! And the great thing is this is for the long haul, so if you have a day or two that aren't as good, you can get back to working the band. I'll bet you can make your goal of 50 lbs by 5/25.

Good elliptical workout yesterday, zumba for tonight at the Y. WID is tomorrow, it's not looking like it 'll be a huge loss, even though I'm doing the same stuff I've been doing, but any loss is a good loss- since it's not going up! My parents will be here for the kid's b-day and we almost always go to the Angus Barn (Prez Obama went there when he was just in NC- it's an AWESOME steakhouse!!)- but I can still make good choices.

Everyone have a great day!

PS- call out still! Mags, where are you? Horsegirl, any updates? Kymie? All y'all??

I'm still here!! I have been sick & took a week off exercise but still made good food choices. I go back for circuit class tonite I hope the week off doesn't make it hard to get started again. Any suggestions out there for Constipation? It is on & off & annoying!!

TTYL

I'm still here. I've been keeping up with everyone's posts, just not finding the time to respond. I started the personal training program at the y, good so far. Passed out on the first workout but know we know my limit, for now! Down to 303.8 today, almost under 300#, so that's exciting. Lost 14.4% so far, 52 lbs. keep truckin everyone we're doing it!

Nicole...I feel your pain. I'm so tired of this back and forth crap (pardon the pun)! I just knew that today would be my 50lb mark but no...stupid Constipation. trying to find ways to incorporate more Fiber into my diet but gotta take it slow...and drink more Water.< /p>

I went to Walmart and got their brand of stir-in unflavored fiber and add 2 tsp to my morning Protein Shake. I also bought a couple kinds of fiber one 90 calorie brownies. It's helped a bit. I could probably add the unflavored fiber in a drink at night too, to help.

Nicole, glad to hear your feeling better. Good luck getting back to the groove of working out. I took a week off for no apparent reason. Weather was lousy last week & I had no energy. Got back in the gym Saturday & Sunday & working in the yard the past two days which was a work out in itself.

I had an NSV this weekend. Since gaining weight the past 5 yrs, I haven't been able to wear knee high boots of any kind as my calves are too large. I bought those high knee rubber boots from costco a few years ago as they do expand a little. Well, they've been sitting in the garage forever as they only go up to mid calf. Finally, I tried them on the other day to clean the dog poop {now designated for that and only that} and they slid on with no problem! I lost 3 inches in my calves. Can't wait for winter, well, I can, however, can't wait to buy some stylish riding boots that I've been wanting for years' now.

I haven't tried the liquid fiber. I did try the fiber gummies but the gave me massive gas!! Does the liquid stuff gas you up?

Congrats on the boots!! Now is a perfect time to shop for those riding boots they are all on clearance!! You have inspired me I want to go try some on!! Maybe I'll sneak into my daughter's shoe closet & try hers on when she is not around!! We are the same foot size!! I have totally missed my knee high boots. I used to love wearing them with my skirts. In fact I haven't worn a skirt in ages either. Maybe I'll try one of those on too!

Well it is finally warm here in Oregon. I was not one of you smart girls and actually did give away all of my smaller sized about a year ago. So all of my capris fall to the floor when I tried them on. Yah they are too big. Boo I don't have any warm weather clothes!! So I went to the goodwill @ got 2 size 18 capris for $14! Both new with tags from the Gap!! Gotta love the goodwill! Drop off fat clothes at one door & pick up skinny clothes at the other!!

So who had lost more than 50lbs??

I have lost 55lbs since starting the program last Aug. and about 40 of it was since surgery. I was excited to weigh myself at the gym tonight. I am down to 215lbs!!! I might still have a chance at making my 200 goal by 6/14/12!!!

I love you ladies!! Have a happy health hard working week!!

Someone help me. What do all of the acronyms stand for?? NSV??? BID...

Catch a girl up! I is like trying to read my kids text messages!!

NSV non significant victory. As in not a weight loss victory but say something new like things being to big, being able to do something you couldn't before. Bidi, but I did it anyway. 50 lbs lost here. Started about 355. Almost under 300#'s

You gals are doing great! Nicole, hope you make the Onderland mark by your goal date. I never heard of liquid fiber and interesting, my husband & I take the Gummy bear Vitamins and he gets gassy but never thought it was from them. We're almost finished with them so might look into some other vitamins. I have learned so much on this site, it's just amazing. Love you guys!

I am still at my first fill of 2.5 cc's. They had to take out the second fill {1cc} as it was too much for me.{10 cc band}. I still find myself not eating for hours at a time and doing fine. I can't imagine another fill just yet although my next appt is May 30th. I guess I'll see how things go within the next few weeks.

Nicole...NSV is Non-Scale victory....things that have nothing to do with what the scale says. Like your buying a new size capris at GW, or getting in a mile and a half on the treadmill when you thought you could only do a mile, etc. BIDIA is But I Did It Anyway. I've been using that one a lot lately! Congratulations on your success! We are very close in where we are. I've got one more pound to 50 but it just doesn't seem to want to go away. LOL.

Meredith...I wish I could go for hours at a time without eating. I'm barely making it to the 3-4 like the doc wants. However, he seemed pleased at my last appointment two weeks ago. However, if the scale doesn't start moving again soon, I may have to ask for another fill.

Chrissy, I'm like you, hungry hungry within about 3 hours or so- but I still hold off on eating.

Nicole- it's not liquid fiber, it's a powder that dissolves in liquid. I have also been eating a lot of Beans, either refried beans or bush's seasoned recipe black beans- that probably helps too.

Meredith- awesome about the boots! That is so great!!! You will now have to buy several pairs, LOL

Kymie- you're almost into another century!! I look at each 10 lbs as a different decade, LOL. You're doing awesome!

My pants are all getting saggy- I look like a rapper, LOL. There are 2 pairs I just can't wear anymore. I will have to hit the Goodwill too! I have not quite made 50 lbs- 46.5 so far, hope for 50 lbs by Kymie's birthday!! I "only" lost 1 lb this week- isn't it so dumb, to be a little disappointed about "only" a pound? But I'm over it, I'm happy with my 1 lb loss for last week and this week! At least it's going in the right direction. And who knows what next week will bring? I have my next fill on Monday, I really hope I get 1 cc again, I am so hungry!!

SORRY EVERYONE, I HAVENT POSTED SINCE MY LAST UNFILL. I READ EVERYONES COMMENTS EVERYDAY. I AM HAPPY TO HEAR OF EVERYONES WEIGHT LOSS. I HAVENT POSTED BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IM FAILING THE BAND AND READING EVERYONES VICTORY GETS SOMEWHAT DEPRESSING FOR ME. AFTER I HAD .5CC REMOVED, I FEEL LIKE I DID AT THE LAST FILL, LIKE I CAN EAT WHATEVER I WANT. I KNOW I AM EATING SMALLER PORTIONS, BUT I STILL FEEL IT IS TOO MUCH. I HAVE LOST 25LBS SINCE THE SURGERY. I SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH THAT BUT I SEE EVERYONE LOSING CLOSE TO 50LBS ALREADY. I DO HAVE TO ADMIT, I HAVENT EXCERCISED AT ALL (I CANT BELIEVE I FINALLY TOLD YOU ALL THAT), SO I SHOULD BE CONTENT WITH MY WEIGHT LOSS. I JUST DONT SEE HOW YOU HAVE THE TIME OR MOTIVATION TO GET YOUR EXCERCISE IN. AFTER WORK, I AM EXHAUSTED AND AS ALL US MOTHERS KNOW, I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS, HOMEWORK, BATHS, ETC. BY THE TIME I GET THEM TO BED ITS 9PM. I NEED TO GET ON MY HUSBAND TO PULL THE TREADMILL OUT OF THE GARAGE AND SET IT UP FOR ME. MAYBE THAT IS WHAT I WILL ASK HIM TO DO FOR MY MOTHERS DAY GIFT!

I AM DEBATING ON GETTING ANOTHER FILL, I AM JUST NERVOUS AFTER THE PROBLEMS I HAD LAST TIME.

YOU LADIES REALLY ARE GREAT, I LOVE THAT WE CAN CHEER EACH OTHER ON AND HELP EACH OTHER THROUGH THE LOWS AS WELL.

HELP, I NEED MOTIVATION!!!