Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well Crap....

Not sure what happened to me today...I've been doing great, thought I'd finally hit the "green zone". Been losing 2-2.5 lbs a week...and then today it was like my willpower took a vacation day!! I swear, I have eaten everything in sight. Nothing has been safe...lock up your children for heavens sake!! What gives!!?? And how the hell do I get back on track before this gets outa hand??!! Sending out the bandster SOS!!!!

Kelly

Just start over from the beginning it what I have been told. Good Luck!!!!!!!

That is the story of my life! lol I do really good and then something comes along that I just can not pass up. At Thanksgiving I did really well and lost weight (never before did that happen) But Christmas chocolate, ,,, sigh, you know how that goes, it is so hard to pass up, and that goes down easy. lol Forgive yourself and move on, that's all we can do.

How long have you been banded, and why do you say you were in the Green Zone?

When you go back to your doctor, you need to mention this to him/her. They might need to adjust your band, BUT, in the meantime, you don't need to beat yourself up. Wake up tomorrow morning, back on the right regiment, and don't look back. It's a tough time of year for all of us. Keep going.

I've been banded since 8 feb and I've had 5 fills. I'm in the green zone, I'm consistitanly satisfied after small portions, I'm losing 2-2.5 lbs a week, and i feel good....except for yesterday. I was eating like the world was coming to an end!! Just not sure what the heck happened....

Kelly

I've been banded since 8 feb and I've had 5 fills. I'm in the green zone, I'm consistitanly satisfied after small portions, I'm losing 2-2.5 lbs a week, and i feel good....except for yesterday. I was eating like the world was coming to an end!! Just not sure what the heck happened....

Kelly

I've had similar days, where it feels as though my band is not even there! Don't know why this happens, there are many discussions here about bands getting loose and tight with little explanation.

What I have done, is go on a full liquid diet for 2-3 days. All shakes, and perhaps some Soups.

This seems to "tighten" things up for me.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps it is not the band, but the pouch stretching - relaxing a bit.

But who knows for sure. Something to ask my Dr. next time I see him.

Not sure what happened to me today...I've been doing great, thought I'd finally hit the "green zone". Been losing 2-2.5 lbs a week...and then today it was like my willpower took a vacation day!! I swear, I have eaten everything in sight. Nothing has been safe...lock up your children for heavens sake!! What gives!!?? And how the hell do I get back on track before this gets outa hand??!! Sending out the bandster SOS!!!!

Kelly

Great post Kelly! Had me rolling, but, oh how true. This happens to me every so often. No explanation by doc either. The only explanation I myself have come up with is that the stomach is a muscle and if it is relaxed enough we may be able to push more through. ?????? The mind is a different story. I get into those moods where I want to eat what I know will result on the scale the next day, but, at that moment I say to myself "ah forget the scale", then regret it the next couple of days when I'm huff and puffing at the gym.

When it is the amount of food I am dealing with I do the same as B52. Go on liquids for a day to two. Works every time.