Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey From Vermont :) I'm New

Welcome...New Banders!!! I am a few days old myself to the site. You will find it very informative. As of Dec 5th I finished my 6 months. I have my Psych and Nutritionist appt on Thursday and then I am officially ready to be submitted for my final approval. Tentative surgery date is Valentine's Day...I look forward to seeing everyones progress. If any of you have questions about the journey...i will try to help as much as I can...

Congrats on making the decision to have a complete Lifestyle change!!! Kudos to all of us!

Was it easy getting through the 6 months for u? did you have to lose a certain amount of weight for your insurance? is there any food tips that you can give me? I have a thing for craving sweets around my monthly and so far I haven't even into the cravings but do you know of something that is good to eat that can stop the cravings? good luck on your surgery :)

Hi Krystne, I just went to my first lapband seminar, this morning. I have many steps before I can have surgery. I'm eager and ready to have surgery. My husband also supports me 100%. He actually went to the seminar with me. I'm so ready and currently hate that I have to have a psych eval, see a dietician, etc. etc. I know it's for the best, but I'm anxious. Thanks for sharing your information. Vickie

No problem :) I'm here to get support from others and to support them. I'm waiting for my test results for my sleep apnea test and I too have to have two psych evaluations and blood work and physical and all that other good stuff. My husband had to work when I went to my seminar but my good friend went with me to watch my daughter and her daughter. So far the 2 months have gone by fast but I'm still impatiently waiting lol

the weather up here is cold and rainy lol we haven't gotten much snow this winter which is really weird and it's bad since we are known to have some really good ski resorts. well I went today for my job interview and the position that I applied for is only per diem and they don't have insurance coverage for per diem people so I'll be able to keep my state insurance but I may just have to pay a premium which I'm 100% fine with. I'm just glad to find out that I'm not going to have to post pone it. I was heavy when I got pregnant with my daughter who is now 4 years old but I was 265 pounds and right now I'm 277 pounds. I'm just hoping lap band really helps with my husband and I to expand our family smile.png

I'm in Northern, Michigan, and they are making there own snow here for the skiers, and it's working. We have no snow at all, it's a little to warm for that here.

As far as expanding your family ! I would tell you it is very possible.

Allot of Women have that problem, and they usually end up pregnant once they have lost weight.

Don't worry to much about that, sense you already had one, I'm sure you'll have more.

Shirley

You know....my six months went by so fast it scared me...But I was not asked to lose a specific amount but I was asked to show effort and keep a detailed food log. Www. Fatsecret.com has an excellent tracking tool for diet n exercise. Plus they have an Android and Iphone app. AWESOME! In regards to the sweets, I fell partial to the Dole peaches fruit cups in light Syrup. 70 calories and very satisfying to my sweet tooth. ALSO Kellogg Protein Meal Bar in double chocolate... Protein n chocolaten.. Fiber ....very yummy... Sorry I am posting from my phone. Hope u can read the full message...

You know....my six months went by so fast it scared me...But I was not asked to lose a specific amount but I was asked to show effort and keep a detailed food log. Www. Fatsecret.com has an excellent tracking tool for diet n exercise. Plus they have an Android and Iphone app. AWESOME! In regards to the sweets, I fell partial to the Dole peaches fruit cups in light Syrup. 70 calories and very satisfying to my sweet tooth. ALSO Kellogg Protein Meal Bar in double chocolate... Protein n chocolaten.. Fiber ....very yummy... Sorry I am posting from my phone. Hope u can read the full message...

The new LBT App for Android is available over here smile.png

Please leave us some good reviews on Android market!