Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sort Of A Nsv Conquering My "nemesis"

Everyone has a food vice, some chocolate or pizza. Mine is Taco Bell. I closet ate the stuff like it was going out of business. I travel a lot and made sure to stop there whenever possible. During my pre op self choice of a diet, I was coming home tonight and I decided I had a craving.

I've been pretty good and lost about 15 lbs in two+ weeks thus far. When I got in there I had a huge feeling of guilt. I decided to do something I've never done... Order a salad (Fiesta chicken salad to be specific). I didn't know what was on it so I just said no shell.

Amazingly it was the best thing I ever ate there! (I typically have much better taste in food, but I don't know why but I love it there). I couldn't even finish it! I ate about 3/4 of it and decided to see how crappy it was on myfitnesspal.com, and the whole thing was only 400 calories (cheese and sour cream included, which I'll ditch next time)! My old taco bell outings when I calculated them were about 2000 calories, now I left feeling awesome with a better tasting product for about 300.

I know it may sound stupid, but it was a big light for me. When I get banded next month, it can easily be converted to band friendly by ditching the little bit of rice they add. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. But I was quite happy.

You should be happy! You are doing the RIGHT thing by changing your habits pre band. Congratulations!!

sometimes, that's all it takes, a little lightbulb to go off, and tell you: YES you can still go to taco bell, you just have to make healthier choices...you will WANT to make healthier choices!! Good for you!

that's great that you are making yourself aware now! thanks for posting, i'll have to try it one day!

I am equally addicted to Taco Bell!! I have started eating the Fiesta menu items. They have carbs but not too bad. I sometimes save my carbs so I can stop there. the only thing I miss is having a diet pepsi with my food!!!!!

I have not tasted the salad. You know they are happy to eliminate or add anything we want.

Look it up on Calorie King they have calories, carbs etc. for a lot of restaurants.

I am equally addicted to Taco Bell!! I have started eating the Fiesta menu items. They have carbs but not too bad. I sometimes save my carbs so I can stop there. the only thing I miss is having a diet pepsi with my food!!!!!

I have not tasted the salad. You know they are happy to eliminate or add anything we want.

Look it up on Calorie King they have calories, carbs etc. for a lot of restaurants.

The only carb problem after you kill rice, is the Beans. Eliminate them and you are set. The thing that rocks about the salad is the dressing they give you. Actually it's more like a loose salsa, but its not like their packet sauce at all. Was delicious!

Thanks for the kind words all.

Ive always been a Taco Bell junkie too. Now instead of some meal or deal box I'm happy with a side of pintos and cheese. 170 calories, 9g Protein and I usually have a hard time finishing it!

Hurray for a salad from Taco Bell! That is a great NSV and don't let anyone tell you it isn't! Karen

That is wonderful - making those changes PRE-band is a good indicator of how you'll do after! I have not tried any fast food yet, but will keep the Fiesta items in mind if I'm ever in need of some quick meal ideas! I say GOOD FOR YOU on your 1st NSV!!

Yay!