Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, Y'all! Thinking About Lap Band Surgery In February

Good morning everyone!

I'm very happy to have found these forums...as I get closer to surgery, I find I have more and more questions and it helps to have a broader idea of what I can possibly expect.

My name is Dianne and I live in Arlington, Texas with my hubby, two dogs, and three cats. I should be finished with all my insurance requirements on January 24th, so I'm thinking surgery in February?

I have just over 200 lbs to lose and I'm an emotional eater...so right now my anxiety points are:

* can I lose it all with a band? (I've seen lots of statements that lean towards that being miraculous)

* what does it feel like when you eat after banding? Does it feel like when you've eaten way too much and you're uncomfortably stuffed? Or do you go from feeling fine to ready to yack up your lunch in 2 seconds?

* I'm scared of needles...are band adjustments going to be terrifying to me?

I'm going to be reading the older posts on these forums a lot over the next several days, catching up and familiarizing myself with it all. I'm super happy to have found you guys.

Looking forward to changing my life!

Dianne

Hey! I'm from the Dallas area, too and have been banded just over a week. I am 18 lbs down from pre-op diet until now! Feeling great. Had very little pain and am just starting to eat the mushies. You really just feel way too full, kind of like after Thanksgiving dinner, when you think you're just gonna pop! lol

I have not had ANY of the scary pain, regurgitation, throwing up, sliming, PBs, or any of that. Its been great! I was banded by Dr. Marsden/True Results through the Richardson office, but the hospital was Baylor Trophy Club. It went sooo smoothly! Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing!!

I'm so glad to find someone that's been to True Results in Richardson! I have my initial consultation on Wednesday (12/21) because I don't have a good feeling about the doctor here in Tyler - can you tell me about your experience with True Results? I'm going to be self-paying.....

The entire staff at True Results were great and made the whole process so easy! I went to my VERY FIRST visit on 11/10/11 and was banded 12/7/11 - so less than a month to do it all - nutritionist, cardiac clearance, ekg, pulmonology clearance, psych clearance, lab work, sleep study - all done and banded in about 3 weeks or so. They make is so easy, I'd recommend them to anyone - and my recovery has been a total breeze - I had NONE of the after/side effects people warned me about - it was really easy. Good luck and please keep us posted!

Thank you so much! Since I'm going to be driving from Tyler, I was a little nervous, but I'm reading great things about True Results on the forum and you've just reinforced my belief that they're the right people to go to. I'll let you know how it went on Wednesday after my appointment.

Thanks for the info!!

My insurance requires a wait time of 6 months, so some of us HAVE to wait longer. LOL. Sucks! I didn't think it would be a big deal at first but now that I'm ready...I'm ready. Let's go!

I can't say enough about Dr Stowers & the Bariatric Solutions group...they are awesome! No conveyor belt mentality there...they treat their patients like gold. However, True Results was going to be my next stop if I didn't like Dr Stowers.

A friend of mine went to see Dr Kim...he made her cry during the consultation. He was rude and put some major pressure on her...she is cautious and hesitant and not sure if she's ready for this...he was exasperated & incredulous & made her feel like a total idiot (and we're talking about a girl who's a super smart cookie). I would not recommend him to anyone.

I gave up sugar last Friday. :-) Mother-in-law sent a bunch of sweets for Christmas, even though I asked her not to, and I started eating crap and made myself queasy...realized I'd had enough of the same old behavior. The butter toffee hit the bottom of the trash can with a quickness. And today was trash day, so it's out of the house.

2012 is going to be my year!!

Isn't it funny when you realize you've just had enough? I'm ready to get this show on the road - I'd have the surgery tomorrow, if I could. I am so looking forward to having this tool - I've dieted all of my life and I'm TIRED of it. I know how to eat right and I've bought a Tread Climber, so 2012 is going to be my year too! Toast to you, chica!

Backatcha, Sandy! :-) Looking forward to going through this with y'all!