Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

from the dept of "if it's not one thing...."

I haven't been very active here lately because I've been so freaked out and depressed by the Cushing's diagnosis. I felt like I don't have much to offer because no matter how hard I try, I don't lose weight, won't lose weight so what's the point... That's been my frame of mind anyway.

Well. Last week I ended up with my first case of celulitus and was sick, sick, sick. I had a high fever for most of the week, and I'm one that normally never ever gets a fever. I was sick in bed and I probably slept more last week than I aws away. I was that sick.

So, I went for my recheck, and I'm informed that it looks like I might lose my skin graph. ( had a motorcycle accident 19 years ago and have been paying the price ever since.) The skin graph is about the size of the palm of your hand, maybe a little longer on the outside of my calf, not the best place for one. I see the plastic surgeon next week, soonest I could get in.

So, again I'm majorly bummed out. I gained 3 pounds last week. I can't excersize because I have to keep my leg elevated as much as humanly possible. But at least I can think again, and I'm not fever addled. Just hopped up on pain killers.

Wow Crystal... I'm sorry you were so sick... Glad you are getting to feeling better though. I hope the PS gives you some good news...

{{{hugs}}}

Well, I wondered where you were! Glad you're feeling better! I've missed you! I thought you were busy with bootcamp or something. I hope hope you get some good news next week!

Oh Vines, my love - I have no words to offer except what amazing strength and endurance you have - you never cease to amaze me my dear. You can handle anything!

On a side note - I thought of you tonight - LOL - share a laugh with me here, but I was wearing boyshort panties and shaking my hips and ass in the mirror tonight to see if I could do it like a belly dancer and I wondered if it was how you do it! Mine was not a pretty site to see and I could only rock my hips for a short time and then I was out of breath! I don't see how you do it - my hips seem so rigid!

Oh, VQ, you're so right--if it isn't one thing, it's another. I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this! ;)

You'll come through it all with flying colors, I have no doubt whatsoever. Take the best possible care of yourself, k? :hug: :hug:

{hugs} Vines, cellulitis is no laughing matter, it is in fact VERY serious. I hope you are being treated with a strong antibiotic, and definitely KEEP THAT LEG UP! Cellulitis can spread so fast, and get into the blood stream causing sepsis. The fever you had was probably you going septic. I wish you continued healing and a great outcome, lord knows you've been through enough lately!

candy, someone told me once that the key to belly dancing was swaying your hips in a figure eight, getting tighter and faster with it as you go... I guess I'm just not coordinated enough for that... my big ole booty gets moving faster than the rest of me, and I'm afraid I'm gonna take out a wall...

Guest Kira M

Crystal, I'm dealing with quite a few auto immune issues. I know (to an extent) what it's like to have various kinds of flare ups. It can be so scary. I'm sharing all of this to let you know that on my own level, I can relate to the uncertainty and fear your are facing. I don't know you personally, but I care about what's going on with you.

If you don't mind, I would like to include you in my daily meditations, and send as much healing energy your way as I can muster.

I wish deep peace and healing for you.

Dear VINE"S sorry to hear aout your troubles! I have CROINS, there is a very good drug out there called PENTASA! GOOD LUCK!

Awwww Vines, my heart goes out to you! You certainly have had your share of problems lately. Good luck! And, don't ever feel like you shouldn't come to the boards, you always have something to say that brings a smile to my face.;)

sheesh, when it rains it pours! hang in there girl!

you know you have a lot to offer! your always giving great info and support that helps us all!

Aww Vines, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles..

just know we are all here for you to offer love & support. I hope you get to feeling better soon..your health and finding out what is wrong with you is alot more important then losing theweightright now..maybe once you get answers the stress will be allievated and you will being to lose weight, we all know what stress does to us ...

(((BIG HUGGS)))