Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining Weight..had Lap Band for a year...help!!

I've had my band for over a year and lost about about 80 pounds in the first 9 months, but have put back on 25 pounds. I've never had a fill and can really chew food and it passes through with little resist. It seems like losing weight is just as hard as it was before I had the band. I'm not sure if I need to get my first fill, or just concentrate on gettng back to "band basics"....or both.

Given you are putting weight back on I would answer that it sounds like you need to address both issues, get back to band basic eating and go see the doc :)

PEOPLE... WTH? The problem was in the second sentence. This is a tool that needs to be used. If you are not getting a fill, you are not taking advantage of this new device. I cannot beleive youR DR told you not to get a fill. IMO he is not giving you sound advice! CRAZY!!

I did have a tiny fill, only 0.75cc at 5 months post op. But I've decided to do this with basically just diet and exercise. The band gave me the kick and the motivation to do something about my weight, but I'm doing this on my own (for the most part), yes I get hungry between meals, so I'm not in the green zone. But I've chosen this. Last time I went to the doc my weight loss had and still has slow down and he wanted to give me a fill, but I declined. I knew what I needed to do to change things up, and I'm still losing. Would I like to lose the weight all at once, sure, but I'm losing and that's all I care about. Personally IMO I feel if you lose it fast you are more likely to put it back on and you have not had time to thoroughly change your habits so when you go to maintenance down the road you're gonna start slipping back to your old ways. That's just my opinion though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches