Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many ounces can you eat

I used to be able to eat 8oz. I can not hardly get down 6 is anyone else experiencing this. I am 2.5cc do you think I need and unfill.

Oh lordy... I can eat ALOT, much more than 8 oz. My doc said as long as I'm losing i'm okay which kinda took me off guard because b/4 surgery I thought the tummy/pouch could only hold so much (like my dietitian told me, babyfood size jars...what a joke), I told him I can eat an entire hero and he didn't flinch... knucklehead.

I'm gonna keep an eye on exactly how much I can eat.... thanks for the reminder.

I think I might be eatting too much but I am not sure. A week ago, I could go to Panera and eat the Soup, salad and roll with no problem. THis week I think I am making healthy choices (grilled chicken with steamed veg) and soon after I eat I get a horrid shoulder pain along with belching that lasts for hours. My surgeon thinks it is my sign that something is stuck in my pouch. I am not sure that I can take a lifetime of shoulder pain as my signal. It hurts so bad I want to tear it off!

Any tips would be most appreciated. Could I be eatting too much at one sitting? I'm 6 weeks post op with no fill yet. How much am I supposed to eat at one sitting?

Thank you

3/4 Cup at a time is what you should aim for. Make sure youre eating moist meats. A lot of people have trouble with chicken if its dry or not chewed slowly. And some veggies like cauliflower and broccoli can cause gas. Try different types and see if it helps?

I've got no idea. I will never weigh and measure food again, nor will I count calories. I have no idea how many calories I eat nor how much I eat in a sitting - all I know is that it is significantly less than I used to because I'm losing weight.

I never eat to the point of discomfort and pain and the fear of a PB is enough to keep me in line. Its never happened to me yet so I nibble slowly and I dont eat a lot, but I have no idea whether it's a cup, 2 cups - I would say a cup to a cup and ahalf though at a guess.

I never eat to the point of discomfort and pain

I agree, its so important to really pay close attention to our tummies when we are eating. When I was first banded I did this and lost at a good rate. As soon as I felt "satisfied" I stopped. Now my old habbits are creeping back up on me and I'm woofing down my food, lots of it.

Jachut, your right on the money with this one. I just had my 2nd fill yesterday and Monday I can start eating again. I WILL pay more attention.

Hugs !!!

Sometime I can eat 2+ cups at a sitting. Other times I can barely get a few bites down. I can still eat a very large salad...no problems. I've had 5 fills, each one restricting a little more. If I eat too fast or the wrong thing I get terrible chest pain and sometimes pb (I'm getting much better at not getting to that point though.) For me, the pain and pb-ing is a huge deterrent. I'm actually glad I have it there to remind me to slow down and not eat the wrong things. I tried bread twice and each time it darn near killed me! I won't try it in any way shape or form anymore. I mostly stick with meat, veges, Beans and salad. I might have a small piece of chocolate, a little ice cream or a few chips once in a great while so I won't feel deprived. But, for the most part, I don't really care if I have that stuff anymore. I seldon eat fast food, if I do, it's 2-3 small hard shell tacos or chili from Wendy's. I used to love any kind of fast food hamburger but since I have such trouble with bread, the idea of eating a hamburger turns me off (even without the bun.) I'm consistently losing, although a bit slower now, but still shedding 1 to 2 pounds a week. If I'd get out and exercise, it would be more. At least I'm thinking about it! :confused:

OH MY, I can eat a plate of salad, a big plate at one time. For lunch today, I had a Wendy's side salad and chili, ate the whole thing, without a pb or a problem. Do I need a fill. After being tooooo tight once, I'd rather be a little loose than too tight.

after my first fill, i could eat an entire burrito and chips/salsa from my local mexican restaruant...

after my second fill, i am down to between 3/4-1 cup of food at a time or I feel very uncomfortable it is perfect cause i am eating enough to stay nourished but losing consistantly.

tell your hubby if it was as easy as just counting calories we would have all done it a long time ago.....this is a the struggle of a lifetime : )

good luck!!!