Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Sure If I Have A Blockage In My Lap Band ? Help!

I have been banded for 10 months, would not change a thing. Lost nearly 15 kilos and feel great. the last four days I am really struggling to eat or drink anything. I feel like there is something stuck i my throat. I feel a little hungry, and when I have eaten I only have a couple of bites (chew, chew, chew) but it just wont go down. I have been vomiting everything up which is not pleasant. Up to now things have been great and I knew what I can and can't eat. I dont remember eating anything different. Could this be a blockage or something else. Help!! Wendy

You could have something stuck (like a pill you took whole?), or it could be something else like a slip.

You can try papaya ensymes or pineapple juice and go on liquids for a few days. Is there any way you can get in to see your lapband Dr. in the next couple days?

Try papaya enzymes? WTH go to the ER your band has probably slipped

If nothing is going down. Call your surgeon ASAP. It could be a slip. If you cannot get liquids down, call now.

Try papaya enzymes? WTH go to the ER your band has probably slipped

Sanction, you sure have a way with words.

Well telling someone to take papaya enzyme when they cant keep any food down is not quite a winner either. Seriously?????

Thank you for all the replies. I finally am now fixed. I went to local hospital and had doctor remove all Fluid from my (it was getting worse and I could not even swallow water). I had an appointment with my surgeon later that afternoon. I was so surprised at what had happened. I live in Australia and summer has just started. What happened was my stomach swelled during the heat causing my band to tighten. Normally when this happens I was told to have a quarter to half a mm removed. I had all but half a mm put back in and now everything is perfect. Something to remember when the weather heats up.

Wendy