Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doing Research- How Do I Find The Best Lap Band Doctor?

I've read several posts on this site recommending we find a Center of Excellence. But no one has said how to know where they are. Fortunately I live near Los Angeles, so I'd like to find the best doctor (since there are a lot of options).

I would love advice on how to find the right place to start.

Anyone North of LA in San Fernando Valley or Conejo Valley- I would love referrals.

Thanks!

Sorry I figured it out.

Go to the main page of Forums, scroll down and pick your state. Click to find a list of cities.

Good luck!

The phone number for Cedars WLS center is 310 423-5619.

You need to see Dr David Davtyan (LA office: 310-652-1777), he is a cancer and bariatric surgeon.

He saved hundreds of lives, Dr Davtyan offers the best aftercare in the Los Angeles area, see one his patient testimonials:

"...Now 6 months later, I am well on my way to my goal weight. I have lost 60 lbs. All of my diabetes is gone along with high cholesterol, fatty liver and high blood pressure. I can run up and down the stairs and walk for miles with no heavy breathing. I am almost ready to shop in "regular" stores. I don't buy "old lady" clothes anymore. I sleep in my own bed and don't wake up every few hours. But not only have I lost weight, I still go out with my friends and eat what I like. I just eat a lot less of it. I don't have to "sacrifice" anything. My body lets me know when I have had enough and I listen. I have my life back. And I owe it all to Dr. Davtyan and his fantastic staff of caring personnel. I am not a "patient". I am a member of their growing family. If you are looking for a way to get your life back, call Dr Davtyan. I have see a miracle."

See more of Dr David Davtyan's testimonials:

http://www.lifescrip...x#disqus_thread :

He has offices throughout the Los Angeles Metropolitan area, check out his Google Place Page:

http://maps.google.c...ved=0CDEQ4gkwAA

Put your life in the right surgeon's hands!

I am also pretty sure Dr Davytan is the guy who has a lap band himself! I almost went to him but even though I was a self-pay I thought I should try to find someone on my provider list in case there were complications. I went to Dr David Oliak In Orange (he has two other offices, one is in Brea) anyway I LOVE him and all his staff! They were great and I dont have any complaints at all.

Dr, Oliak stitches your band in place and has never had a slippage! I cant say enough about him or his staff! Good luck!