Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone Banded - 10/27/2011

Hi everyone.. I am new to here. I had my lapband put in 10/27/2011.

I weighed 318 the day of surgery and i am down to about 287 now 1 month later. I am doing alot of walking, golfing etc. But the main thing is I am not hungry at all and have not had a fill yet. I went to the Dr last wed ( day before thanksgiving) when I was supposed to get a fill but since I was still not hungry yet and losing weight etc. he decided not to do a fill yet.

I still have to be really careful with what I eat and with how much I have had a couple of sliming episodes and worshiping the toilet for awhile friday I went back to liquid diet again.. Protein shakes.. broth etc I have noticed that after I swallow I feel pain now even with that about where the lapband is.. not major pain.. but some pain prob due to swelling? I did call the dr and he said to stay on liquids until it stopped hurting and if it hurt more than a couple of days to let them know and come in

Overall I happy with the surgery.. and the results so far. I sometimes wonder if it is "normal" that I am losing this much without a fill but then again.. I guess in a way I would just eat way too much before lol

But again.. Hi everyone

Yay! My son, who had surgery in August, lost quickly,too. I think, depending on your age, and being male, you will loose quicker than us, females. He was over 300 an dis now down to 236. The surgeon is very happy with his weight loss. I think he has had 2 fills and goes back on Wed for his weigh-in. You can do it, and don't fret about loosing too quickly. There is a gentleman on here who lost over 100 lbs without getting any fills! Good luck, Karen

Congrats you are doing so well with your weight loss. I agree, with you being male the weight is definitely gonna come off faster and others have lost without a fill. Hope I do as well as you, anticipated surgery date is in Feb 2012. Follow your physicians advice and you will be fine. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, Lol well I am not that young really, just turned 53 and really needed to lose weight because of sleep apnea, High blood pressure and knees going bad.

The good part is that i am losing so quick and not hungry at all.. the bad part seems to be that if eat just a tiny tiny bit over I do have pretty bad pain, and start sliming and sometimes the only thing that helps is throwing up :(

I am on liquids now but swallowing hurts.. at least after it goes to the pouch .. but I think that is just from throwing up :( least I hope so. )

Hope all gets better. Will be praying for you.

Hey we are band buddies! (lol) I was banded the same day and wish I had the same restriction as you! I go in for a fill on tuesday and I can't wait. I understand its different for everyone and some go through this whole experience without a fill. Best of luck to you and great job on your success! :)

I was banded one day after you. You are having great loss so far, great job! I won't have my first fill until December 27 and my weight loss has s l o w e d. It seems that my doctor is really conservative compared to others.

I keep telling myself that it isn't a race. The important thing is that we all get to our "finish line" and maintain.

Well, least it doesn't hurt to swallow now.. :) but I will still stay on liquids and really soft foods today anyway

It is really nice not to be hungry though.. it would be tough otherwise

I was banded 10/25/11 and am starting week 6 solid foods today. I'm shocked it takes me so long to get hungry. My weight loss has stalled even with increased exercise. I know I have another week of healing but I got used to seeing those numbers decrease every day regular_smile.gif . I consume 1000 - 1100 calories per day and average a 2900 calorie burn per my BodyBugg. I am shrinking in areas so I know my body is making changes thumbs_up.gif .

TBM

I am new here as well. I was banded on 11/10/11. I have recently gotten my hungry back! But I feel full easy and use coffee, Water and sugarfree drinks to fill me until my next meal, but when I do that I am not hungry at meal time. I only eat small portions, but feel pain if I eat too quickly or too much! I have been noticing a strange pain under my rib cage on the left side when I breathe...will be calling doc. in the morning. But you are doing great with your weightloss...regardless of age men tend to loose easier than women. I hope you continue to loose rapidly!! best of luck to you

~Shaggy