Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New To Site But Not New To Lapband

My name is Misty and I had the lapband surgery in March of this year. I made the decision to have surgery after I was dignosed with fatty liver disease and type 2 diabetes. I never realized that by being fat I was doing so much damage to my liver. I am a mom of two boys 5 and 2 and I could not die and leave them without a mother and all my diets had never stuck. After some long thinking and praying I decided to have surgery. I live in Conway, AR so I used Dr Baker from Little Rock and he is great. I started this journey at 288.5 lbs and I am sad to say I am only down to 250.4 on my last appoitment on 11/7/2011. I have learned a lot along the way and continue to learn everyday. I realize that it is not how fast I loose the weight but that I continue to loose the weight and learn to eat differently and teach my children and husband good eating as well. The reason I have only lost 38 lbs is becuase of me and only me. Ok well it might have been those 2 months that I told the nurse I needed a bigger fill and she did not listen but I also did not exercise like I should during those first couple of months and I did not eat like I had promised myself I would. I am now at 9.2 with my fills and I am honestly full. I have lost about 10 lbs based on my scale at home since my visit on 11/7 but I never count it until I go back for my monthly appointments. I always get hungry again about 1-2 weeks before a fill but this time it seems different so maybe we found my "honey" spot. My husband is honestly shocked that I can live on the little amount of food I eat but I remind him that I eat to live now and no longer eat for enjoyment. I still struggle with eating slow and probably will for sometime as I change my brain but in the end I hope to be a healthy mom who can play and keep up with her kids..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches