Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

taking meds/cutting/crushing etc.

Hi lap-banders! I am 3 days into my journey and doing well. I'm looking for some advice on how to take my medications. Some of my meds are a little bigger than the size of a pea, so I have tried crushing them and mixing them with something I could eat or drink quickly. Last night I tried mixing my meds with sugar free pudding, but I didn't like the taste. The pudding with meds stayed in my mouth too long and I tasted too much of the meds. Any suggestions on how to take medications easier? Thanks

Suemile

You should have an appt with a pharmacy through you surgeon.

We did our yesterday, and I have already called our PCP to change 2 of Bear's meds.

I mix mine in apple sauce with some cinnamon and Splenda. Seems to cover med taste pretty well.

In the beginning I was crushing them, only for a few days post-op, because I was told along with a lot of other silly things, that I have to.

I was taking (and still am) one that is a fish oil (Lovaza) that cannot be crushed, and is very large. I take 4 every day.

I have found that I do not have to crush my pills at all. I take them every morning with no problem, large and small.

And my band is very tight. I prefer it that way.

And just like my eating habits, I take my time, taking one pill at a time just as I do with small bites, swallows.

I crushed because I thought I had to - but in actuality, I'm 4 months out and i don't crush a thing. I've never had a problem. If the pill is splitable, I do split it, but try and see how it goes.

It is very important for you to talk to your doctor about this. While most medications are fine to be crushed, you'll find that some should not be crushed or cut, due to them needing to stay in tact until they reach a certain area of the body.

I know that some people say its fine taking big pills while banded but I havent even had my band tightened yet and I can no longer take large pills.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches