Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking some info about Lap Band.

Hello all,

First of all it was so nice to see all of your journey towards new healthy life. I have couple of question regarding this treatment. Though I am in my late 20's my family is obese and I tend to have that gene which is bear weight on lower abdomen and thighs. Typical women problem. I am doing exercise 4/5 days a week ad currently weight 135lb....wait wait before you guys say anything. I know it may seems little weight for you guys but my family are obese and they have all the diseases.. You name it.

So far I have high cholesterol, can't walk much my feet hurts, muscle cramping quite often, fat deposit in the abdomen area and thigh . No flexibility . Joint pain.etc.

Now my question is looking at my condition and my family health condition can / will I be able to get a Lap band? I desire to be 115 lbs for-the most and be light and be able to do more things with my kids.

Who ever has done this surgery can you guys give me a estimated price for this surgery? As I was thinking to take my mother too for this treatment, she is 59 and currently weights 220 lbs. with high bp, high cholestrol, blurry vision, knee problem, sleep apnea, depression.

Please provide me some info so that we can plan ahead.

Thanks you

Hi,

Do you know what your bmi is? Most insurance companies and most surgeons probably will not consider you if your bmi is low.

My BMI IS 23.6.

though I know it is low but my family history is obese. I just want to be healthy and fit. I want to control my life not my diseases or weight...

Hi,

Do you know what your bmi is? Most insurance companies and most surgeons probably will not consider you if your bmi is low.

Have you gone thru these treatment? If yes then is it sucessful?

My BMI IS 23.6.

though I know it is low but my family history is obese. I just want to be healthy and fit. I want to control my life not my diseases or weight...

http://www.lapband.us/qualify-lap-band.html

Here are the listed qualifications for lap band. I have not had the procedure done, still in the pre op stages, I have confidence it will work for me.

I read the attachment. I knowmy BMI will be low but because of my family history I want to take precaution. rather than feeling sorry later.

Anyways all the best for your treatment.

http://www.lapband.u...y-lap-band.html

Here are the listed qualifications for lap band. I have not had the procedure done, still in the pre op stages, I have confidence it will work for me.

It sounds like you are doing a really good job at managing your weight now! Just because your family is overweight, you are not destined the same fate...after all, my whole family is skinny, and I'm not!

When I went yesterday for my first surgeon visit, she di dnot even want to talk to me to begin with because mine was 34.0 so you are going to have a hard time. Do you have insurance or self pay> Self pay CAN have it done if BMI is 30. Insurance does not approve until 35.

Your Mother will qualify, but you won't. Your not classified as Obese.. I understand you have problems, but ! They have criteria that you must meet...

Take a look into self pay, then it can be done. A Insurance Company is not going to pay the money, when you don't fit there criteria.

Have you tried W.W. or Some other plan ?

If you join, keep all your paperwork for month after month. In the event it gets worse, You can show that you tried, and sometimes that eliminates the

long Dieting that you must do anyway... That's a important fact to know

Also go to myfitnesspal.com It's free ! Set up a account, and follow a plan of say 1200 calories a day, 60-80 G of Protein, also it's in memory, and you can record your exercise also. I am Losingintime on that site, contact me and I will friend you in.

I lost 120 lbs. on 1200 calories a day in 1 year. That's without the band.

Now with this newer site, it will make it even easier.

That's my advice to you. I don't think you can carry 80Lbs. of weights on you to get weighed with. Plus the Dr. can see the difference.

But help out your Mother...

My BMI IS 23.6.

I'm sorry, but if there is a surgeon out there who will do the surgery on someone with your BMI (even self pay), I don't want to be anywhere near them. You are not even the teensy bit overweight.

You are in the normal bmi range, not even overweight much less obese. This surgery is not preventative medical care and I cannot imagine any surgeon doing the surgery on you at your bmi. Why would you even consider going under the knife for a major surgical procedure to lose 20 pounds? And although many of us are able to come off meds and have better and healthier lives with some relief from medical problems, not all medical problems are cause by weight. This surgery is not a panacea for all things that are wrong with our bodies.

Your Mother will qualify, but you won't. Your not classified as Obese.. I understand you have problems, but ! They have criteria that you must meet...

Take a look into self pay, then it can be done. A Insurance Company is not going to pay the money, when you don't fit there criteria.

Have you tried W.W. or Some other plan ?

If you join, keep all your paperwork for month after month. In the event it gets worse, You can show that you tried, and sometimes that eliminates the

long Dieting that you must do anyway... That's a important fact to know

Also go to myfitnesspal.com It's free ! Set up a account, and follow a plan of say 1200 calories a day, 60-80 G of Protein, also it's in memory, and you can record your exercise also. I am Losingintime on that site, contact me and I will friend you in.

I lost 120 lbs. on 1200 calories a day in 1 year. That's without the band.

Now with this newer site, it will make it even easier.

That's my advice to you. I don't think you can carry 80Lbs. of weights on you to get weighed with. Plus the Dr. can see the difference.

But help out your Mother...

Hello Shirley,

How are you? Thank for your information and your advice. You know sometime you need someone to be there for you and just say that's allright you can do it. When I read your message I felt I can lose the extra pound myself if I try little harder.

So far I haven't tried any diets or anything. Currently I weight 133-135lbs. It fluctuate time and again. My concerned areas are ab and thighs. So now i am going to see the website which you told me to go and lets see the difference.

All the best to you as well and let shed some more pounds before 2012...New year New Weight...WHAT DO YOU SAY??? :) Just by saying this I felt good..

Thanks shirley....

I knew I won't be qualified but I just want to prevent me from getting to that point where there is no help. When there is time I want to be in a better shape and enjoy life more. Anyways thanks you so much for the information and

Sounds Great to me ! Just keep in touch with people, and they can help with advice to keep you in check. (Sometimes...)

I'm not a Dr., but a little help can go a long way.

Good Luck on your own W L Journey.

Sounds Great to me ! Just keep in touch with people, and they can help with advice to keep you in check. (Sometimes...)

I'm not a Dr., but a little help can go a long way.

Good Luck on your own W L Journey.

Thanks...:)