Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Back and Banded but sooo hungry

My doctor said no suger the week before surgery and gave examples on Protein shakes like Dr. Atkins or Low-Carb Slim Fast. After surgery he said suger and was ok since he wanted my strengh up and a few more calories to heal. He switched me to Boost shakes from the low carb.

I actually think that my problem now is the suger from the Boost shakes since I seem to get wicked cravings from any suger. I did great the week prior but now i'm much more hungry. I may switch back to surger-free items since the cravings are ucky.

The first 3-4 days I was so swollen I had trouble with even drinks, too. I wouldn't have dared try yogurt. Protein shakes were difficult but I could get them down. Also try diluted cream of wheat or rice or diluted baby Cereal. For some reason that slid down prety well, while I absolutely could NOT get Jello down! Drink, drink, drink. And teeny-tiny sips.

I'm one week out now and still had trouble with Jello last night.

The worst part is when there's a traffic jam -- something trying to go down and a burp trying to come up. I realized it was mostly with the Protein Shakes, I think because I blend them up and they get a lot of air in them, which then has to be burped up. So keep it SLOW. The faster you drink, the more air you swallow.

Lots of hobbies. Lots of being busy. Lots of Water. Breathe breathe breathe. We know it is tough but after the next few weeks you won't have to go that long again! it is a triumph and you will feel great at the end of the road!

There are times I'm so hungry then I have my creamed Soup and I can only half finish it because its not enjoyable anymore, it gets cold and I can't be bothered trying to get it down it takes so long but by then the hunger pain is gone. I think I will try the creamed oats. Those sugar free ice lollys are the best. My weight is rapidly falling off, thats another 2lbs down since yesterday. 9lb in5 days.

Anna