Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I m new at all this forums and banding please help

Hi my name is jane and I am being banded on nov. 15th. I can't wait I have been sad and lonely for years because of my obesity I am 55 and scared a little about the surgery and recovery but I feel like this is my last shot at getting healthy and living a normal life so in that respect I can't wait has anybody else on here had Dr. simpson in AZ. do there band I really trust him but he hasn't put me through a battery of test like I hear from other people and I am now wondering why, anyways I am looking at this forum for support and hope that I can make some educated banded friends

insanejane

what has your doc asked you to do? I would say the most important thing for you to do is lose as much weight as you can before surgery. It will make your recovery so much easier.

I cut out coffee and carbonated beverages, starting chewing like crazy, tried to slow down my eating as much as possible

Start exercising as much as possible, walking (enough speed to sweat) will really help. I joined Curves and it has been great. I love that the "beautiful bodies" are not there. It is regular people trying to better themselves. It costs less too.

You have probably started your liquid diet to prep for surgery. If so, keep reading the posts of successful people. try to follow their lead. keep Protein as your #1 food, 40 to 60 grams everyday. there are so many good sites with good recipes I have used Sparkpeople.com

Keep communicating as much as you can but #1 ask the doc and his nurses for answers to your questions.

If you keep an open mind along with all the necessary changes, you will be very successful. I am very happy with my weight loss. I have lost 36 lbs since 7/26/11.

It is fun to have a newbie aboard, congratulations on your upcoming life change!

Hi my name is jane and I am being banded on nov. 15th. I can't wait I have been sad and lonely for years because of my obesity I am 55 and scared a little about the surgery and recovery but I feel like this is my last shot at getting healthy and living a normal life so in that respect I can't wait has anybody else on here had Dr. simpson in AZ. do there band I really trust him but he hasn't put me through a battery of test like I hear from other people and I am now wondering why, anyways I am looking at this forum for support and hope that I can make some educated banded friends

insanejane

insanejane

Insane...

I am so happy for you. You will find that at 55 you are certainly not the oldest bandster. I am 62, got banded in June, and am SO thrilled that I did. Please, please, please do everything the doctors say and start recording everything you eat. I use FatSecrets, but MyFitnessPal is used by a lot of people. The great thing is the programs can be used on your smartphone and the automatically sync to your computer - or vice-versa.

Get ready for exercise, a lot of complements, and buying new clothes or having them tailored.

I had to go through a lot of tests, too. Oh, and I have told VERY few that I had (or was having) the surgury. I didn't even tell my two grown sons until it was all over with. Telling, of course, is a personal choice, that I made.

Keep us all in the loop of what is going on. You have a lot of support here.

Welcome. There are many of us on here over 50. I am newly banded but so glad that I did it.

thx to all that sent me notes of encoragment I just read them found them by fluke not sure how to navigate on this site yet so I was sure happy to hear from you

what has your doc asked you to do? I would say the most important thing for you to do is lose as much weight as you can before surgery. It will make your recovery so much easier.

I cut out coffee and carbonated beverages, starting chewing like crazy, tried to slow down my eating as much as possible

Start exercising as much as possible, walking (enough speed to sweat) will really help. I joined Curves and it has been great. I love that the "beautiful bodies" are not there. It is regular people trying to better themselves. It costs less too.

You have probably started your liquid diet to prep for surgery. If so, keep reading the posts of successful people. try to follow their lead. keep Protein as your #1 food, 40 to 60 grams everyday. there are so many good sites with good recipes I have used Sparkpeople.com

Keep communicating as much as you can but #1 ask the doc and his nurses for answers to your questions.

If you keep an open mind along with all the necessary changes, you will be very successful. I am very happy with my weight loss. I have lost 36 lbs since 7/26/11.

It is fun to have a newbie aboard, congratulations on your upcoming life change!

he really didn't ask me to do anything but not gain any weight for six months do heart tests liquid diet for 48 hours pror to surgery and the normal six month check and nutrision class and phyc eval

Happy for you. Two more days!!! Just relax and all will be fine. I would suggest taking a nice soft pillow or small soft blanket to the hospital. You will need it for the ride home. This is the #1 thing I tell anyone getting WLS. This will create a barrier between your tummy and the seat belt. Best luck and see you on the other side. The band side!!! Ted

Happy for you. Two more days!!! Just relax and all will be fine. I would suggest taking a nice soft pillow or small soft blanket to the hospital. You will need it for the ride home. This is the #1 thing I tell anyone getting WLS. This will create a barrier between your tummy and the seat belt. Best luck and see you on the other side. The band side!!! Ted

Thanks ted and

nice to meet you good luck go you in your journey