Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone I am new to this forum :)

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tams and I was banded 9/14/11......Started this journey at 320 lbs (pre surgery)...day of Surgery weighed 293 and today i am at 270....I have been reading this forum since i came home from Surgery and you guys are simply great. Everyone is so supported here and hence me decided to make my profile and post. I just had my first fill last Thurs, 4.2 cc of Fluid added into my band, don't think i am in the green zone yet but maybe by the next fill in a month. I look forward to this journey as I am so proud that i did this to begin with. If there are any newbies that want to ask me questions and I will reach out to you "old heads" (lol) if i think of things along the way, But by all means stop by and say HI :)

Hi there and welcome ! I started reading the posts before I was banded 10/12/11 and it has been so helpful and inspiring. Congratulations on your weight loss! I go for my first fill on Friday. I started the journey at 237, was 225 day of surgery. Today I was 213.6 . I'm curious as to how I'm going to feel after my fill. I'll keep you posted.

Arlene

Hi there and welcome ! I started reading the posts before I was banded 10/12/11 and it has been so helpful and inspiring. Congratulations on your weight loss! I go for my first fill on Friday. I started the journey at 237, was 225 day of surgery. Today I was 213.6 . I'm curious as to how I'm going to feel after my fill. I'll keep you posted.

Arlene

Hey Arlene, I will tell you my experience with the fill, It was uncomfortable (to me) A lot of burning and stinging with the numbing needle, but only for a min...I was able to watch on the monitor my band inside my stomach ( and i adored that) of course I got to drink my favorite (barium) lol....it was about a 7min process, the worst was I was filled on Thursday morning and stopped eating at 7p Wed night prior, and couldn't eat until Sunday (which was mushies) I was starving but made it through....Good Luck with yours :) and congrats on all of your weight loss also

Do you do the varium with every fill?

*barium

Do you do the varium with every fill?

Yes....but i only had to have 2 big gulps and 1 small sip this time around :)

I started the forum entries in Sept. I have learned a lot. I want this weight loss thing to continue, little by little 'til I get to goal.

you have to know that the people on this forum will give you honesty. if you ask a question, they will tell you what they think! I think that is a good thing.

we are "new" people now and the shame from the fat is on the way out!

Enjoy and keep losing!!!

Welcome to the Losing side....

Were all here for each other.

That's for EVERYONE !

So Welcome Aboard...

Shirley.

I want to give you all a big welcome, too! I have been coming here for 2 years now. It is so friendly and I read it every morning with my coffee. Yes, I drink coffee. I have lost my 100 lbs, and am on maintenance, so I am happy to answer questions that may come up, too! Be good to yourselves as you go through this new part of your lives. Holidays are hard, but you can get through them, if you consentrate on your loosing side of it. I still like to use a small plate and only eat what fits on it, one time. Best wishes for us, all. Karen

Hi Kll, wow. One hundred lbs. That's so awesome. I was banded 10/12 and go for my first fill today. I think I'm excited. I've been losing steadily. Started at 237 and am 214 now. My question for you is: when did you start drinking coffee again? I would love that one cup in the morning! But I've been obeying the rules. But I know people do have coffee. So that's my big question! :).

Thanks, Arlene.

Why can't you have coffee? Man I love those caramel light frapps from starbucks!

Here's a possibility as to why coffee isnt the best thing for LP patient|

Caffiene and the Appetite

When you drink too much coffee, it stimulates your body's desire for higher calories and sugar. The body gets this need met through eating rice, potatoes, fruit, breads and sweets. These food are high in carbs. Not only that, excessive caffeine can make you jittery and trigger emotional stress. This stress sometimes leads to overeating for comfort. The stress also creates a fight-or-flight response that triggers the body's need for food, hence the increased appetite.

Coffee is also acidic and can leach Calcium out of the bones. Ideally, we wat our bodies in an alkaline state.

Here's a possibility as to why coffee isnt the best thing for LP patient|

Caffiene and the Appetite

When you drink too much coffee, it stimulates your body's desire for higher calories and sugar. The body gets this need met through eating rice, potatoes, fruit, breads and sweets. These food are high in carbs. Not only that, excessive caffeine can make you jittery and trigger emotional stress. This stress sometimes leads to overeating for comfort. The stress also creates a fight-or-flight response that triggers the body's need for food, hence the increased appetite.

Coffee is also acidic and can leach Calcium out of the bones. Ideally, we wat our bodies in an alkaline state.

My Doc said No Caffeine period. So even my Tea is Decaff....

He said it stimulates the juices in the stomach, and as a result can cause Acid Reflux. Even from Chocolates...

Hello,

My name is Darlene and I was banded on August 24, 2011. I have had two fills. I just found this sight and find it very helpful. My pre surgery weight was 248 and my current weight is 243. I do not think I am in the green zone yet either. :)

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tams and I was banded 9/14/11......Started this journey at 320 lbs (pre surgery)...day of Surgery weighed 293 and today i am at 270....I have been reading this forum since i came home from Surgery and you guys are simply great. Everyone is so supported here and hence me decided to make my profile and post. I just had my first fill last Thurs, 4.2 cc of Fluid added into my band, don't think i am in the green zone yet but maybe by the next fill in a month. I look forward to this journey as I am so proud that i did this to begin with. If there are any newbies that want to ask me questions and I will reach out to you "old heads" (lol) if i think of things along the way, But by all means stop by and say HI :)