Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anesthesia problem

Hi all,

I was banded on Nov. 4th and I feel great. My surgery went without a hitch except for the recovery. I had a hard time breathing after the surgery. I had to have a steroid shot to normalize my breathing. I had no gas and have not filled my pain meds. I feel great. If anyone is hesitant about the surgery, don't delay, do it. You'll be happy you did. Has anyone had a similar experience with the anesthesia?

I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, it was my first surgery ever, and on top of the lap band I had my gall blader removed due to stones. So my surgery was a bit longer. I was nauseated, dizzy and vomiting like for 3 days. But just like you I had almost no pain. And as of today I don't retreat it at all. It has been the best decition ever. I feel great, I have tones of energy, I'm down from size 20 to size 16 in just 21/2 months.

I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, it was my first surgery ever, and on top of the lap band I had my gall blader removed due to stones. So my surgery was a bit longer. I was nauseated, dizzy and vomiting like for 3 days. But just like you I had almost no pain. And as of today I don't retreat it at all. It has been the best decition ever. I feel great, I have tones of energy, I'm down from size 20 to size 16 in just 21/2 months.