Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss after 2 years

I had my lapband done 2 years ago September. I originally had 5 fills over the first 18 month period. The last one was too tight and I was throwing up 2-3 times a meal and had developed laryngeal esophageal reflux. I had 1 cc removed and had .25 cc put back in about 1 month ago. I feel like I can eat a horse and have no feeling of fullness or that I have maxed out on what I'm eating. My surgeon just tells me I need to be disciplined but the feeling that I'm full isn't there anymore. I can also eat bread now that originally I couldn't. Is it normal for the longer you have to not have the same feeling of full or stop? Should I just change physicians?

I have had my band 2+ years and I do believe that the sensation changes over time. It is a lot easier to eat many foods now than when I was initially banded. But I do not think I need a fill as I am at goal and maintaining. In fact I think I would probably get refused a fill at this point and having one would probably make me too tight.

I think that the effect wearing off or dimming a little is common to all types of WLS, it is often referred to as the honeymoon period. It is new, exciting, you are really committed , the effect is strong and the weight comes off fairly easily. The longer you are together the more comfortable you are with each other, the less effort you put in , the novelty has worn off and you need to put in more work than you did when it was all new and exciting!

Id agree, i just dont have the sort of restriction i used to have and can eat all foods. But with discipline and exercise i still control my weight and maintain my loss.

Yes, an interesting observation. I, also, am just over 2 years. I am maintaining, but had a slippage and a repositioning operation. I was completely empty, which I found tough. I was able to eat salad and raw fruit, which I hadn't had in 2 years. I, now, have 3 1/2 cc and do get a full feeling. Probably I will not get another fill unless I find a weight gain when I have an apt in 2 months. Karen

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches