Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

went to seminar feeling discouaged already!

hey everyone gongrats to you all! I myself have been concidering lapband and i went to a seminar and the surgon said with this specific wls that most people ony lose 50 lbs over a 2 years and that was real discourging bc i need to loose well over 50 lbs so i was wondering who has lost more then 50lbs and how long did it take you to get there?

I have only been banded since 10/27/11 and yes have only lost 9 pounds so far. What you heard is incorrect there are many people on here that have lost 100 pounds in a year and probably more than that. It is a slower process they want us to lose 1-2 #s per week. t also depends on how much you have to lose depends on how fast you will lose it.

hey everyone gongrats to you all! I myself have been concidering lapband and i went to a seminar and the surgon said with this specific wls that most people ony lose 50 lbs over a 2 years and that was real discourging bc i need to loose well over 50 lbs so i was wondering who has lost more then 50lbs and how long did it take you to get there?

the amount of effort, both in keeping to the nutritional plans and how much excercise you put in will determine how much and how well you keep the weight off. its not a magic pill though where you take it and the weight comes off by itself. it does take work. its just a tool to help you do the work.

A numberof people on this site have lost 200lbs and more in a year or two. I have lost 50 lbs in 10 weeks. It mostly depends on

you and how hard you want to work. The band is only an aid to help you on your diet, you have to contribute too.

I was banded on April 13 this year and have lost 106lb so far. I have worked hard at following my surgeon's guidelines and, although I am nowhere near perfect, I am really enjoying these results!

It all depends on you...if you are willing to work for it then you CAN lose much more than 50 pounds. If you are not willing to change your eating habits then you CAN lose less than 50 pounds

I am very pleased with my weight loss and have worked hard to get it, but its been worth every effort. I am on the homeward stretch now and the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter :)

I was banded April 4, and have lost 124 pounds! I am 21 pounds from goal. I do exercise 6 days a week and eat healthy, but it is work and not easy. But like I have heard before nothing tastes as good as wearing that smaller size!

My surgeon tried to "talk me out of it" too - because i had 120-130 to lose. I said no way - the only surgery i'm doing is lap band. I was banded in July, 2011 and have lost 65 pounds so far - surgeon is very pleased. He tells me about 20% of his patients lose little to no weight - 20% lose 100+ and 60% lose about 40-50 pounds. I'm determined to be part of the 20% to lose 100+ and am well on my way. I think the surgeon's heart was in the right place but i was initially put off by him trying to talk me out of it. I just knew i'd be one of the successful ones. Trust me though this all depends on YOU - I have little to no restriction yet - 4 months out and 3 fills later- because my surgeon fills you up slowly. With no restriction it is mostly all will power. I'm looking forward to my 4th fill this Tues. and am hoping I will finally feel restriction and have the help i have been waiting on. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU WHATEVER YOU DECIDE!!!!tongue.gif

thanks all of you who answerd me. im deffently still wanting to get the band it is the only wls im interested in. and i know if others can do it so can I. =] thanks again!! <3

I have been banded since may 25, 2010 and hit 20 lbs BELOW my drs goal for me in april 2011. She wanted me to be 169 (started at 262) but I weigh between 147 and 152 now and have since april. U can do it, don't be intimidated or discouraged, have the surgery u want. Good luck!

thankyou!! yall are so inspiring just looking at b4 and afterpics set my mind that this is what i want i know i can do it with some determination and hard work.

The expected loss for lapband is 80% of your excess body weight. For everyone that is different for me it is about 80 pounds I've lost almost 70 in less than a year

I just always remind myself it took 27 years to put on the weight it's not going to come off over night

Good luck!

I was banded 10/12 and have lost 12 lbs in a month with no restriction yet. And I lost 10 on the pre op liquid diet. So I say, get the band! Good luck:)