Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this what the Green Zone FEELS like?

I had a fill on Thursday afternoon, 2 days ago. I went from 5.5 cc's to 6.5 cc's. I actually thought I already had 6.5, but they informed me otherwise! Here's what I'm feeling. During the 24 hours of liquids I felt pain in the center of my chest whenever I took a drink of Water. The water goes down, but I have that annoying pain with each drink. I love water so this has been difficult. I'm use to drinking about 100 ounces each day! The morning after the fill it took me 3 hours to finish my Protein Shake and another 3 hours to finish a 20 oz bottle of Protein water for lunch. I managed to get another 24 ounces of water that evening and a few bites of broth, but it was a chore. Today I had a scrambled egg for Breakfast and sipped water and protein water the rest of the day. I have not been hungry at all which is great, however I 'm wanting to know if once the swelling goes down will it get easier to swallow or should I consider an unfill? I have had absolutely no issues until now. Easy post surgery and no issues with PBing, sliming, or stuck episodes. I would appreciate you sharing any similar experiences or advice. Thank you!:unsure:

I had a fill on Thursday afternoon, 2 days ago. I went from 5.5 cc's to 6.5 cc's. I actually thought I already had 6.5, but they informed me otherwise! Here's what I'm feeling. During the 24 hours of liquids I felt pain in the center of my chest whenever I took a drink of Water. The Water goes down, but I have that annoying pain with each drink. I love water so this has been difficult. I'm use to drinking about 100 ounces each day! The morning after the fill it took me 3 hours to finish my Protein shake and another 3 hours to finish a 20 oz bottle of Protein water for lunch. I managed to get another 24 ounces of water that evening and a few bites of broth, but it was a chore. Today I had a scrambled egg for breakfast and sipped water and protein water the rest of the day. I have not been hungry at all which is great, however I 'm wanting to know if once the swelling goes down will it get easier to swallow or should I consider an unfill? I have had absolutely no issues until now. Easy post surgery and no issues with PBing, sliming, or stuck episodes. I would appreciate you sharing any similar experiences or advice. Thank you!:unsure:

Hmmm... I don't know about the pain in the chest. That's kind of odd. Has that gone away? And then taking 3 hours to take one Protein Shake is a bit excessive. That's not normal for my "green zone."

I had A LOT of trouble with my last fill, but after about a week I managed to feel better and it's worked great since then. However, I could still drink liquids somewhat normally. I think you may be a bit overfilled, actually. If you want to, you can give it a couple of days and see if the swelling goes down, but I don't think you should be having problems with liquids that much. It's up to you, but you might need a bit of an unfill.

My green zone is somewhat like this: I can drink normally (not too fast) and eat a little amount and feel like I've had a whole meal. Then I am not hungry for another 4-5 hours. When you hit the "green zone", you'll know. Don't worry. :)

I think that, maybe, you are a slight over filled. I would ask your surgeon's office to take off 1/2 a cc. I will bet that will do the trick and put you in the green zone for sure. You should be able to drink normally and, by now, eat a meal. Good luck, Karen

I am so glad you posted this - I, too am at 5.5 ccs in 14 cc band - and i go for my 4th fill this tues. and am excited and nervous wondering how much he'll put in (it varies) and whether i will finally get restriction and maybe even the green zone OR be overfilled and miserable the first time since surgery (i have had no problems at all since surgery - can eat whatever i want - steadily losing but not depriving myself of carbs/occassional treats - just sticking to the 800 calories per day 85% of the time). PLEASE keep us updated about whether you go for an unfill or not. I see a lot on these boards about people being overly tight the first few days after a fill but then the swelling goes down and they settle into the normal size of the band with the latest fill. Please let us know what happens with yours!:huh:

I REALLY appreciate all of your responses. I will update to let you know. On the one hand its great to not be grazing all day but honestly I don't want every meal to be painful!!:blink:

Truthfully I would give it a weekor so. Try having something hot before eating-that always helps me. I can't eat scrambled eggs anymore-although I haven't tried in a while. The pain in the chest might be due to tryingto drink too much too fast. You are getting liquids and food down and aren't PBing so that's a good sign. Good luck!

TODAY IS MUCH BETTER. I HAVE HAD TO SIP INSTEAD OF GULP, WHICH IS A WHOLE NEW SKILL FOR ME. I'M USE TO DOWNING A 24 OZ BOTTLE OF Water AT ONCE!!! BAD HABIT TO BREAK, BUT IT SURE MADE GETTING ALL MY WATER IN EASY!!:lol:

I'm glad your feeling better. Once you are on solids if you cannot eat 3 ounces of solids and veggies you are too tight. Don't get in the habit of eating sliders because they are easier.

I am so glad you posted this - I, too am at 5.5 ccs in 14 cc band - and i go for my 4th fill this tues. and am excited and nervous wondering how much he'll put in (it varies) and whether i will finally get restriction and maybe even the green zone OR be overfilled and miserable the first time since surgery (i have had no problems at all since surgery - can eat whatever i want - steadily losing but not depriving myself of carbs/occassional treats - just sticking to the 800 calories per day 85% of the time). PLEASE keep us updated about whether you go for an unfill or not. I see a lot on these boards about people being overly tight the first few days after a fill but then the swelling goes down and they settle into the normal size of the band with the latest fill. Please let us know what happens with yours!:huh:

It's Monday now and everything seems to be going down at a decent pace. I'm eating much slower than I use to, but nothing stuck!! The pain in my chest only happens if I take too big of a drink of Water. Thanks for your concern!! Best of luck to o you! One-derland is in my sights!!! Yea me!!:P

It's Monday now and everything seems to be going down at a decent pace. I'm eating much slower than I use to, but nothing stuck!! The pain in my chest only happens if I take too big of a drink of Water. Thanks for your concern!! Best of luck to o you! One-derland is in my sights!!! Yea me!!:P

I am very happy to hear that you are doing well. Green zone, good; red zone, not good! Good luck on your journey to onederland! Karen