Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how can i stop eating at night!!!!!???

I CAN'T STOP! i am sooooo good during the day but something in side of me CRACKS at night and i am snacking throughout the night...im not eating anything HORRRRIBLE but i just cant get out of the habit. I have tried to distract myself with reading, tv, exercise, crafts ect ect ect but NOTHING works... PLEASE HELLLLP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Nabisco 100 calorie packs. Eat ONE piece at a time, chew it up til it's completely gone before grabbing another.

Those snack size bags of popcorn are good, too.

Suck down a Protein shake. They fill me right up, might for you too.

Sometimes distractions don't work and you have to cave. Better to cave with something not so destructive :)

Yeah Protein is filling... Just don't buy the junk, that works well for DH and me because we are both banded, but I know it's hard when you have an unbanded spouse/family.

Good luck.

I so don't know what the answer is myself. I am really restricted during the day and early evening. Then everything loosens up magically by about 9PM and I find myself making up for all of the foods I couldn't eat during the day.

I don't know what happened to my will power.

Dani

find a hobby that really involves both your brain and your hands. It's hard to eat if you are doing things with these. It might be that you need to paint the hallway or regrout the tile, or start an art project that is messy, or has the possibility of being messy.

You have to replace one hobby with another, one habbit with another.

O.M.G.

That is me! Miss night eater!!!!!!

Once you are in the habit, it is soooooo hard to break it. I to can be good during the day, but as soon as it is dark..... my other half emerges like she hasn't eaten all day!!!! I HAVE A SPLIT PERSONALITY!!!! She is fat to! LOL

My husband and I quit smoking together as a wedding present to eachother. Well, we ate ice cream and buttered popcorn everynight of a long time.... hence going from over weight to MORBIDLY OBESE!!! I still fight the night eating, but I can't go in the kitchen at night or I will start grazing!!!! I try to keep healthy Snacks on dining room table or hubbie will just bring me a sf popsicle so I won't have to go in the kitchen.....

GOOD LUCK.... I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS>.....

I'm in the same boat. I am so good all day and then at night...well, not so good. I do feel like my band doesn't have any restriction at all after 9 pm. What's up with that?

Step away from the kitchen...

seriously, I do not go in the kitchen after supper...

I also have NOTHING in my house that I can snack on! :)

Good Luck, that is a hard battle.

I have started eating every three hours. My last "meal" is at 7pm but occassionally, if I'm up later I might have some Fiber One Cereal (1/2 c with 1/2 skim milk - also good dry, tastes like graham crackers) or 1/2 C Jello. I have found that by eating every three hours and getting enough Protein through the day, I rarely have snack attacks.

You could take the "negative" response approach and every time you have a thought about wanting to eat beyond your daily planned limits, make yourself do a few situps, or some other exercise that will benifit you. Exercise usually deminishes the urge to eat.

And drink water! A bottle of Water can fill you up and take away your desire to put any more in your tummy.

If all else fails, take a nice shower or bath and get your arse to bed. sleep is a great distraction!

These work for me. Hope they help for someone else too. Good luck everyone.

You know, I just had another thought. Sometimes when we are bombarded with thoughts of food that just wont quit, our bodies are trying to tell us something. Stop and really think about what it is youre craving. It could be you are lacking in something (Vitamins, minerals, carbs, fats, proteins). Then take a good look at what you are eating during the day. Find out exactly how many calories, carbs, fats, etc that you are really eating. Check that against what is recommended. Your doctor or nutritionist could help with that, or www.mypyramid.gov has a very detailed breakdown based on your gender, age, height, weight, activity level, that might help.

Also, see how often you eat. If youre trying to make your last meal at 5pm but you dont go to bed until 10 or 11, this is way too long and you are probably really hungry. We should stop eating 3 hours before we go to bed to allow time for our food to digest and get out of our stomachs before we lay down to sleep. So space out your foods.

Ok, thats all from me. For now. *grins*

I use boiled or deviled eggs to stop the cravings. 1-2 eggs fill me up in no time.

I think so much of this in the evening is head hunger --- we are often relaxing with the TV and used to having a little snack during the evening...

Or spouse and/or children are home and there are issues to deal with and, as food addicts, we respond to the stress by reverting to our drug of choice to soothe the anxiety, ease the pain, dim the thoughts. On "Starting Over" recently, one of the house mates has been going to a unique addiction recovery program called Passages and I am finding it helpful in dealing with my head hunger. Check out the schedule in your area at http://www.StartingOverTV.com

I am also using a free online self-help cognitive reconditioning program called "Inner Peace" -- helping ease my triggers and build my esteem. I strongly recommend it. Stopping Your Monkey Thoughts is especially effective.

http://innerpeace.org/newusers.shtml

Theresa

Well, I'm of no help here, but I used to eat Ben and Jerry's before bed (!) and now I just eat a couple of pretzels. It is the calming effect, I'm sure. I'm going to get some of that Fiber One, I saw an ad for it in my WW magazine and I have noticed many here advocate it! Sounds good.

Kelli