Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! I had my surgery on october 28! It has been 4 days and I'm really hungry! My post op diet is the first week Clear Liquids, second milky liquids, third mushy foods and fourth solid foods. I'm having a hard time!!! Liquids are going down great but I'm hungry. All I want is something with substance like potato Soup or broccoli soup! This broth and Jello are getting gross lol. Although, I have already lost ten pounds! What were your diets like? I feel ready to move to the next stage. I am going to see my doc tomorrow so I am praying he feels the same. If so I am running to get some freaking creamy soup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youre lucky! alot have the liquid part for 2 or more weeks and 4 weeks before they get to mushies. focus on the 10 pounds you lost and the next pair of lower size jeans youll be able to fit in to. take a walk or go window shopping maybe. just sitting around thinking about it makes it worse. and if four days youre almost to the creamy soups!

I know you are starving, but it is important not to get ahead of what your doctor says. while you may feel fine, your insides are still healing and you wouldn't want anything to damage you internally.

just try to get as much Protein in your liquids as you can and find something to do that doesn't involve thinking about food...ie, try not to watch tv as commercials are way to tempting. when you get hungry, drink more Water.

this will pass and you'll get through it very soon, but don't rush. healing is important.

I'm 7 days post op and know how you feel! Yesterday I just tasted a tiny bit of potato salad and tiny piece of turkey lunch meat and that got me through the day. I wasn't really hungry, I just needed a "taste" of real food. But everyone is right, the diet put in place by the Doc is there for a reason, and you will be amazed how the time flies if you concentrate on your weight loss instead of food!

also, once you do get to taste those foods, the simplest thing will taste like the greatest thing ever!

It is really hard to be starving after the surgery, I remember that. I had a similar diet to you, but I was on liquids longer before I went to mushies. What really helped me were things like sugar free popsicles. I couldn't even handle the broth one day. It was so disgusting. Jello I could do.. ish. I was so glad to get on regular liquids and off the clear liquids. I admit I did basically live in sugar free popsicles and coconut Water for that phase.

If you can wait 3 more days, in the foods section there is a recipe for potato Soup that uses

instant mashed potatos, dried garlic and onion and some other stuff, that's really good.

It is posted as instant, but I cook it for 5-8 minutes. costco has chicken bullion that works

well with Protein isolate (look on line or in a health food store), and helped me through the

liquid stage. There's nothing easy about this, but I don't know any other way. Popsicles

and fudgecicles are a help, but I'm afraid the only way is to keep busy and grit your teeth

a lot. Best of luck.

Corrigan is right... despite all the little tricks you can do, just gritting your teeth and getting through that phase is a lot of it. It sucks, but it does get better, trust me!

do not up your diet just because your hungry. I love feeling hungry since there were so many years I never felt hungry ever. Hunger wont kill you. Your stomach needs time to heal and putting food in it will cause it to work harder and you dont want that. Find something else to do with your time other than think about food.

I was banded October 28th too and I can sympathize with you! I moved on today to some yogurt and thicker Soup but not creamy creamy! Thank God I'm going back to work tomorrow so I'm not at home bored just thinking I want to eat!

I feel you, I had surgery on the 21st and as of Friday can go to mushy foods, to be honest I have never been so excited to eat mush. I have to agree that sugar free popsicles are the best to get you thru the cravings, you at least get to "chew" and that is really what you are missing. I also recommend sugar free apple juice mixed with Water (to cut the calories) when you get sick of Water. I am about a week ahead of you and can promise that the feeling will go away, it takes some time but stick with it!!!

Another thing that helped me is that I am telling EVERYONE about my lap band, I figure that it is alot harder to cheat when other are looking at you and wanting you to suceed. Good Luck, you can do it!!

WOW! Thank you all for the great responses!!!!!! Today was my first follow up appointment! Everything is going well. I am down 11 pounds which I am pretty thrilled about. They cleared me to move to milky liquids... I asked if I could do potato Soup and they said yes as long as the potatoes were small and VERY cooked. I went to a restaurant here in town and got some soup. I ate it and holy moly it was delicious. It's amazing how your view of good goes from like a Mcdonalds number 2 to a bowl of soup, lol! My tummy is thanking me right now! It all went down well so I guess I am good! So far, I havent had any problems. I have had some issues with gas and diahrhea (I never can spell that right). But I guess liquids in liquids out. Gross I know! But It has been pretty freakin painful at times. I have been walking to see if it helps but the gas seems to be worse at night when I lay down. I started a video blog on youtube that I am super excited about!!!! I would post a link to it but im not sure if you are allowed to do that here? Are we? I want to follow my progress and see how much I change! Thank you guys for the awesome responses. This site rocks!

It sounds like you're doing so well!!! Congrats on the 11 pounds :D You're on your way. I remember how exciting it was to eat mushies and to have a bowl of puree'd Soup. It was like heaven!!